Corvil Certified Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Pico fuels the global capital markets community by providing exceptional market data services and customized managed infrastructure solutions. As financial industry experts at the center of markets and technology, we help our clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets. From infrastructure to connectivity, we support our clients through the full trading lifecycle. We are a global company headquartered in New York, with offices in Chicago, London, Dublin, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Purpose of the role
Due to the rapid growth of Pico and the acquisition of Corvil, we are looking for highly motivated and talented Analytics Engineers specialising in the Corvil product set. As an Analytics Engineer, you will be instrumental in ensuring trusted and valuable insights are provided to run the Pico business. You will provide technical leadership for analytics instrumentation across Pico’s global infrastructure as well as hosted client environments. This key position requires someone who loves to learn, is commercially astute and thrives working “hands-on” with cutting edge technologies and will thrive within a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the Operations organization and will interact directly with product management, network engineering and project management staff.
Responsibilities and duties (include but not limited to)
- Design network instrumentation solutions meeting analytics requirements for high performance trading networks.
- Design solutions adherent to Pico and industry security standards.
- Prepare and oversee detailed network implementations for the acquisition of network data into the Corvil analytics environment.
- Implement Corvil Analytics configurations for key Market Data, Order Entry and Network Analytics use cases.
- Validate analytics solutions are Production ready to support client deliveries
- Build relationships and trust with key technical decision makers within Pico technology infrastructure groups including networking and application teams
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all of Pico’s products and services including data center footprint, network, market data coverage, software solutions, and vendor partners
- Provide feedback to the Product Management team to pass along requirements that will influence roadmaps and future design considerations
- Provide technical support for proof-of-concepts and implementations, identifying and resolving challenges and escalating as required
- Firm grasp of Financial Services trading technologies, including trading plant infrastructure/applications (feed handlers, matching engines, etc.) and protocols (FIX, Market Data, Order Entry etc.)
- Knowledgeable of traffic capture and aggregation techniques.
- Expertise in packet-based analysis including solid TCP knowledge
- Understanding of the datacenter colocation environment
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Strong in unicast/multicast routing and switching concepts
- Strong in Arista, and/or Cisco hardware and software
- Knowledgeable in network design standards and best practices
- Knowledgeable in PTP (Precision Time Protocol), Boundary Clocks, Grandmasters, and other timing services
- Corvil CCE (Corvil Certified Expert) certification a distinct advantage
- CCNP certifications or equivalent beneficial
- Knowledge of scripting in Perl or Python.
- Experience working with XML & APIs
- Familiar with network security standards, hardening, configuration, and best practices
Education, Skills and background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements)
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Extranets, Server hardware, market data, low-latency trading infrastructure, and the financial technology landscape
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills gained in customer facing roles.
- Cultivate an agile ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management, self-starter
- Team player with ability to prioritize, multitask, and take direction
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years’ work experience in financial technology sales engineering
- Ambitious to learn new technologies and products to a high degree of detail and expertise
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Service Now, JIRA, and Confluence
This position is being offered as a hybrid office-based and remote working schedule. The role holder will be expected to work whatever hours are necessary for the performance of this role (recognizing that multiple geographies including EMEA, AMRS and APAC present change windows outside normal market hours.
Base salary will be commensurate with a candidate's experience, skillset, education and training.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Pico
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?