Great job opportunity! Picerne Real Estate Group has been building and managing properties on a continuing basis since 1925. With 3 generations of Picerne leadership providing continued growth on a national stage, pride of ownership is very important to our company. We are currently seeking a porter/maintenance technician with proven skills for our apartment community located Plainville, Massachusetts.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including removing trash from vacant apartments prior to make-ready.
- Assist in the repair of mechanical, carpentry and electrical problems as needed in a timely manner.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in rotating schedule of twenty-four (24) hour emergency maintenance.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills for communicating with residents, co-workers, and management.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a successful community.
- Assist maintenance team with snow removal.
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, clubhouse, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by cleaning vacant apartments and common areas daily.
High school graduate/diploma required.
Valid Driver's license and reliable vehicle required.
Follow-up college or technical school training preferred.
Industry relevant or trade certifications / licenses preferred.
Experience in multi-family residential property maintenance is strongly preferred. Exposure to a professionally structured residential property management operation preferred.
In addition, expert experience and / or formal training / license(s) in some of the following areas is required: HVAC / CFC Certification, CPO Certification, electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, landscape maintenance, lock repair and re-keying, construction and / or rehab experience.
Criminal background and drug test required.