Chef de Cuisine
- $80,000 to $95,000 Yearly
Piatti Ristorante & Bar has been located in the bustling UVillage next to the University of Washington for over 20 years! The soul of the menu is our housemade pasta that we roll, cut and cook by hand everyday. Offering a fresh take on the neighborhood Italian trattoria, Piatti combines a warm, inviting atmosphere, seamless service and an immersive market experience. Our managers and chefs are encouraged to personalize their spaces and menus to meet the needs and desires of their customers and staff. Like their European inspirations, Piatti restaurants are intended to be part of the community.
We are currently hiring a Chef de Cuisine to be a part of our management team and lead our kitchen!
Piatti Ristorante & Bar is part of Palisades Hospitality Group, one of the West's leading restaurant companies. Operating unique restaurants with opportunities for career growth and advancement. We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program, 401k, and company discounts at our proprietary restaurants and hotels.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. They have the overall responsibility of day to day activities and maintaining complete control of the kitchen at all times, while commanding the respect of the kitchen staff. The chef is responsible for executing the provided menu recipes and to ensure taste, portions and presentation are executed as expected. The Chef directly supervises kitchen staff with responsibility for hiring, inspiring, coaching, and performance management. They are responsible for maintaining food safety, sanitary and safety standards in the workplace as well as ensuring all equipment is properly handled and maintained. The Chef will properly execute the menu provided to them, adhering to budget, standards and cost controls. They will work hand-in-hand with the General Manager to focus on the vision of the restaurant. In this leadership role, the Chef serves as a role model and mentor to the kitchen staff and must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
· Passionate about food and people
· A passion for cooking fresh, seasonally driven cuisine while understanding the business aspect of the restaurant
· Believes that food is an art form meant to be savored and meant to be consumed and appreciated with multiple senses.
· A mastery of food and flavor to evoke a variety of reactions.
· Sensitive palate and a keen sense of taste and smell in order to recognize subtle nuances in flavors to allow the exploration of bold new flavor combinations and make them work.
· Creativity and a flair for experimentation to put a twist on familiar dishes and create new combinations.
· Focus on local, sustainable, seasonal and organic ingredients
· Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours
· Hands-on chef who takes ownership of the kitchen and menu development, thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Stays cool under pressure, treats his or her team fairly and with respect.
· Leadership - a great leader and can teach and develop a crew to cook great food. Lead by example.
· Experience with the budget development process and cost control
· Ability to delegate tasks with proper instructions with follow through and follow up.
· Maintain professional and respectful workplace for employees.
· Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on guest service
· A strong presence in the restaurant with great attention to detail in kitchen management and quality service.
· Positive attitude
· Communicate clearly, professionally, concisely and respectfully
· Solid track record as an Executive Chef or Chef du Cuisine in an upscale, fast paced, and quality environment.
· Control food and labor costs
· Menu development and pricing
· Development of culinary team
· Minimum 5 years as Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Executive Chef
· BA or related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
· Food Safety Certification
· Food Handlers Certification
· Conversational Spanish is preferred
Piatti SeattleKirkland, WA
Get fresh Chef de Cuisine jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.