Welcome to MHB! We are looking for a very friendly, compassionate, detail oriented front desk receptionist to be the face of our office. This person will be responsible for checking in all of the patients each day, answer phones, reschedule appointment visits, interact with all visitors and direct them appropriately, assist with all general patient questions and prepare all patient charts.
It is imperative for MHB employees to possess a positive attitude at all times. Patients must be greeted and spoken to with a smile. MHB staff must be aware of all responsibilities assigned to him or her and able to self‐start on tasks. Regular, timely attendance is an essential function of the position.
1) Engage and interact with patients, customers, and co-workers.
2) Greet and check-in patients.
3) Responsible for front-end billing operations and cash management. Advise patients of company financial policies. Collect applicable co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles. Enter charges and payments into computer system, and collect payments.
4) Answer incoming phone calls, check and triage general voicemail as needed.
5) Administratively manage visits in accordance with authorization limits, visits limits, and insurance-mandated rules and regulations.
6) Medical record maintenance and front office record keeping procedures, and chart preparation, including ensuring chart completeness and organization of electronic files.
7) Review paperwork with new patients and scan patient documents.
8) Obtain new patient records when policies have been changed or updated.
9) Send new patients letters and help review incoming mail.
10) Assist with the clinic flow of patients from waiting room to exam room.
11) Make sure patients are properly accounted for when they leave and enter the waiting room.
12) Correspond timely, accurately, and professionally with physician offices, insurance carriers, vendors and others.
13) Tidy and stock waiting room. Maintain a clean, neat and organized work station and environment.
14) Reschedule patient visits as needed.
15) Reschedule no-show visits or cancelled visits.
16) Liaise with Sales Representative and Vendors, ensuring adherence to MHB policy.
17) Triage and respond to patient portal messages.
18) Assist in the preparation of patient charts.
19) Maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards.
20) Back up other administrative positions as required, and assist with training of new staff.
21) Perform other duties as required or assigned.
1) Must have high‐school diploma or General Education Development (GED).
2) Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology along with intermediate understanding of insurance types and the prior‐authorization and appeal processes.
3) Phone Skills: Ability to use phone system (answer calls, put on hold, transfer, screen), handle complex calls requiring clinical information gathering, triage with detailed, clear, and accurate information.
4) Verbal Skills: Ability to articulate detailed information regarding the services provided by Men's Health Boston. MHB Staff are expected to achieve an advanced level of understanding around the services provided at MHB.
5) Computer Skills: Intermediate computer skills necessary with the ability to use designated applications. Must be able to enter data quickly and accurately with a strong attention to detail. Must be able to view trainings, read manual, or chat with EMR professional to learn about our EMR system and apply gained knowledge to improving efficiency.
6) Organizational Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within designed systems. Must maintain a clean and orderly work area.
7) Exceptional customer service and people skills with the ability to stay calm in any situation and recognize when someone (patients or clinicians) are require assistance. Must have a desire to proactively work to resolve any issues that may arise.