Clinical Coordinator, CMA I
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical Coordinator I
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Physicians East, P.A.is a team of skilled healthcare professionals united to meet the challenge of delivering quality, cost-efficient, comprehensive healthcare to the people of Eastern North Carolina.
Location & commitments
FT/PT/Temp/PRN role based at our Greenville (other) location, Monday-Friday, 8a.m. – 5 p.m.
Overtime may be required to ensure patients are taken care, tasks are completed, and calls are returned in a timely manner.
Weekend work is rare but can occasionally be necessary.
Supervision Received: : Reports to Clinical Supervisor; Operations or Clinical Manager; Director of Operations.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
About the role
The Certified Medical Assistant works interdependently with other medical professionals to provide quality health care to a high volume of patients. Medical Assistants provide direct patient care for and treats patients in the office, as directed by Physician, Advanced Practice Provider, Registered Nurse or supervising clinical manager.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Under clinical supervision, performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective manner according to Policy and Procedures.
- Assists patients to exam room and prepares patients for examination. Identifies patients with special needs.
- Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, body weight, height, and complete appropriate questioners.
- Record all allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work on flow sheets.
- Orders, stocks, and maintains exam rooms and clinic areas.
- Disinfect exam rooms in-between patients.
- Performs related and delegated tasks, taking and relaying messages and directing patient flow.
- Assist patient to complete health history.
- Ear lavage
- Preparing and administering medications under the direction of supervising physicians.
- Notify patients of normal lab results.
- Prepping exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting practitioners with patient care.
- Assisting physicians during routine checkups and other physical exams as needed.
- Complete Clorox 360 trainin
HealthcareView all jobs at Physicians East
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?