License Practical Nurse - Dialysis
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assess patient nursing care needs as related to the hemodialysis or Peritoneal treatment; to implement appropriate care each treatment and to make appropriate referrals to other staff or provider as indicates; to participate in evaluating the effectiveness of care provided.
- Perform patient assessment within 30 minutes of treatment initiation; vital signs and all other parameters of ESRD patients, review dialysis orders, note general physical and mental condition through observations and questions; information obtained allows determination of compliance to dietary or medications regimen; accurately document this information according to polices and procedures.
- Provide chronic hemodialysis therapy: recommends a dialysis plan for ultrafiltration, initiate dialysis via access per physician’s orders, observe all safety measures, monitor patient vital signs applicable to ESRD patients, administer medications, fluid therapy and blood products or other appropriate treatments as needed, and document activity.
- Administers appropriate drug dosages per physician orders, if approved by state agencies.
- Develops a trust relationship with all patients being sensitive to their fears, feelings, concerns, and body language.
- Advocates for patient to seek medical intervention when problems or conditions unrelated to renal disease develop.
- Practices within the scope of practice for an LPN according to company policies and procedures; state guidelines, and within the Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates with the patient care team in the development and review of both the short term and long term care plan programs.
Facility / Equipment Management:
- Prepare and maintain dialysis machines and systems.
- Maintain dialyzer records.
- Prepare dialysis water treatment system for use according to PCD policies and procedures.
- Prepare dialysis delivery systems for use according to PCD policies and procedures.
- Inform technical staff of any malfunctions in equipment or water quality.
- Obtain machine cultures as requests.
Financial Management / Quality Assurance
- Ensure changes for dialysis are recorded according to company procedures.
- Complete all flow sheets.
- Check stock levels, advise charge nurse of any supplies needed.
- Participate in quality assurance cost containment program.
- Participant as a member of the patient care team in CQI procedures.
- Maintains skills/competency related to medications, hemodialysis procedures/machines and other special equipment related to hemo/peritoneal dialysis.
- Able to lift minimum 35 pounds and be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current license for LPN/LVN in Oklahoma.
- CPR certified.
- Minimum of one year experience in a hospital or clinical setting (medical/surgical experience preferred).
- Ability to communicate with all levels, whether professional or non-professional.
- Dialysis experience
Physicians Choice DialysisOklahoma City, OK
Get fresh License Practical Nurse - Dialysis jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.