This is an exciting time to be joining a growing inpatient behavioral health hospital located in Shreveport, LA. Physicians Behavioral Hospital is currently a 24-bed inpatient unit with a very busy outpatient service. The organization is recruiting a Chief Nursing Officer to lead the inpatient clinical activities and to lead the clinical activities of the expansion set to double in size around January of 2021 [currently under construction]. Physicians Behavioral Hospital draws patients from all over the country and has a strong reputation in the medical community for excellent patient outcomes and exceptional medical staff. The hospital is currently under a total renovation to the physical plant.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned nurse leader with 3 years senior-level experience as a CNO or part of the leadership team as ACNO or a similar level position working within an inpatient healthcare delivery system. Strong psychiatric experience and track record of working successfully in a small organization.
The CNO of Physicians Behavioral Hospital provides the strategic direction and operational leadership for nursing in the inpatient setting. The CNO will engage clinical staff in the establishment of a professional nursing culture that advances nursing practice to deliver the highest quality patient care, maintain excellent physician relations, attain clinical outcomes, ensure a positive patient experience and hire and retain the best nurses.
Reports to an established Administrator of the hospital.
Must hold and maintain a current unrestricted Louisiana Registered Nurse license.
Must have one of the following:
- a master’s degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing
- a master’s degree in a related field such as psychology or nurse education with 5 years of nursing experience and 3 years providing nursing care to the mentally ill
- a bachelor’s or associate degree in nursing with documented evidence of educational programs focused on treating psychiatric patients, which has occurred at intervals sufficient enough to keep the nurse current on psychiatric nursing techniques; at least 5 years of nursing experience, 3 years of which were providing nursing care to the mentally ill
- 2 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Available 24 hours per day for call, when needed, for emergency situations
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and possess good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to provide department leadership through staff training, staff evaluation, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage the therapeutic milieu within the facility
- Must exhibit critical thinking abilities and the ability to apply those skills to practical situations
Physicians Behavioral Hospital
Why Work Here?Freestanding Psychiatric and Chemical Dependency Hospital
Dedicated team of providers. Growing facility expanding in size. Provides excellent patient care.