Emergency Medical Technician
Full-time Hourly / Part-time Hourly
Offices in Cleveland, North Ridgeville, Akron, Ashland and Warren!
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are the second and third highest level of emergency medical services providers. EMTs are specifically trained and certified to administer basic emergency services to victims of trauma or acute illness before and during transportation to a hospital or other healthcare facility. They work in conjunction with other members of the health care team.
Emergency Medical Technician Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Dispatchers to determine the best way to respond to calls based on the company's protocols and priority systems
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition, and make critical clinical decisions quickly
- Collect pertinent patient care data and transfer that data to a medical professional based on State guidelines
- Complete paperwork (ePCR) for all patient calls
- Maintain a running inventory of medical supplies on the response vehicle
Emergency Medical Technician Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active Ohio Emergency Medical Technician card
- Current BLS CPR certification
- Current NREMT certification
- Valid driver's license (less than 4 points on MVR required in order to drive)
- High school diploma/ GED required
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time available (Full-time is defined as at least 80 hours per 2-week pay period, and Part-time is defined as at least 40 hours per 2-week pay period, as of 4/1/2019) (Full-timers get paid at higher rates)
Salary: $12.50/hour - $16.50/hour range based on years of experience and other factors.
Shift Differential: $0.50/hour additional if you are on a full-time rotation and your shift begins between 12 pm and 5 pm; $0.75/hour additional if you are on a full-time rotation and your shift begins at/after 5 pm (night-shift rotation).
Job Location: Northeast Ohio (Cleveland, North Ridgeville, Akron, Ashland and Warren locations)
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Emergency Medical Technician, 1 year
Required language: English
Required licenses or certifications:
- Ohio Emergency Medical Technician