We are currently searching for a competitive, self-motivated and enthusiastic team member to work within our new TLCRx Ocala office. The ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment is essential. As the Pharmacy Technician you will be the first point of contact for our patients and their caregivers and have the opportunity to shape customer experience and make each interaction outstanding!
- Preparation of medications for patients
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles.
- Receiving and verifying the prescriptions
- Pricing and filling of prescriptions
- Obtaining pharmacist’s approval
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Assisting with insurance claims processing
- Stocking and pricing of medications in inventory
- Ensuring availability of drugs by delivering them to patients or facilities
- Maintaining pharmacy’s (and its patients and team members) safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
- Walking for an extended period of time.
- Ability to see details at close range to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Ability to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and objects.
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles. Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet).
- Ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- Ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration in Florida REQUIRED
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Availability to work Monday - Friday for an 8 hour shift between 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- 401k, with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Powered by JazzHR