Are you someone who is passionate about health care and education? The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) is committed to transforming PA education and health care by leading and serving the PA educational community. As the national leader in PA education, the Association delivers a large array of educational resources, products, and services specifically designed to meet the emerging needs of PA programs. Currently, the Association is seeking an executive assistant to the CEO. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
The executive assistant will report directly to the CEO and will provide executive and administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The executive assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO.
Because this position may be exposed to sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis, this individual is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality that knowledge of such warrants.
Chief Executive Officer
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents and summaries for meetings.
- Communicates with all staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates CEO and Board meetings and strategic activities with the SLT and other external stakeholders
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, staff, and others on matters related to association and programmatic initiatives as directed. Formats information for internal and external communication- memos, emails, presentations and reports.
- Supports CEO in his/her external commitments related to PAEA, including guest appearances, service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the SLT including assisting in scheduling, attending, summarizing meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of board and senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Develop processes to optimize association efficiency and problem solve.
- Represent the Association, greeting and maintaining contact with VIPS and key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating quarterly Board meetings and dinners; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Maintains Board’s online document and communication portal (currently Basecamp).
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience; prior experience supporting a senior executive or team preferred.
- Possess excellent judgement and emotional intelligence
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively, and to succinctly summarize large amounts of information
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously without constant oversight
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to travel and work weekends as necessary