In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan our teams provide care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TEMPORARY 6 MONTH ASSIGNMENT*
Purpose of Position: To assist the Coordinating Manager in assuring smooth and efficient operations of the Department of Surgery in support of the Chief of Surgery. To assist in the handling of the financial, administrative, and educational associated work complexity and variety of the Chief of Surgery's office in an independent and responsible professional manner. To work accurately, and efficiently with attention to detail while following established procedures, and consistent with the intentions of the Chief of Surgery. To assist in coordinating the needs of the Faculty and Staff of the Department of Surgery. To assist in coordinating the needs of incoming monthly Surgical Students.
- Provides support to the Chief of Surgery, to assist in accomplishing the objectives of the Chief and Departmental goals.
- Prepares material and correspondence for Departmental Presentations.
- Prepares, composes and types correspondence, communications, and confidential staff documentation under the supervision of the Chief of Surgery or his/her designee.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of monthly Departmental Educational meetings, and conferences.
- Prepare and maintain minutes for the monthly Tumor Board Conference
- Prepares materials and minutes for meetings in an accurate and efficient manner for distribution, with special attention to the Surgery PI committee.
- Facilitates the timely completion of documents and Correspondence.
- Maintain the general filing system and file all
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support to the Faculty and Staff of the Department of Surgery.
- Preparation of Departmental monthly Student On Call Schedules and Student Educational Calendar.
- Assisting the PAA II in working collaboratively with the GME office to prepare and maintain any necessary documentation for Surgery and Podiatry Residents.
- Facilitate annual Surgery Student Orientation for all incoming Students.
- Office management: Maintain stationary supplies and coordinating deliveries.
- Coordinates pick-up of Shred-X, Water, Recycling.
- Maintain office efficiency, plan and implement office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Maintains safe work area and complies with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Coordinate Surgical Conferences for Chief of Surgery.
- Schedule meetings, appointments & conference calls.
- File all employee documents, student's douments, meeting agenda's and information, ect.
- Order food for special events, meetings, ect.
- Assist in the organization, planning and of departmental event/social gatherings.
- Assist in the management of the Surgery Educational Fund.
- Record, monitor expenses, complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other monetary duties associated with the above fund.
- Assist the PAAII in preparation of financial reimbursement invoices for travel and educational expenses for the Department of Surgery Faculty.
- Facilitate management I record keeping of Educational Excellence Fund Account.
- Assist PAAII in the preparation and submission of payroll for NYMC Physician and ancillary staff.
- Respond to public inquiries
- Interviews persons calling the office of the Department of Surgery in person or by telephone and refers problems or concerns to the proper person or department.
- Maintains open and positive relationships through verbal and written contact with other Departments in the hospital, and external Organizations that interact directly with the Department of Surgery.
- Disseminates information to staff, Residents, and Students as necessary
- Welcome visitors and guests and direct approriately.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages.
- Pick up and deliver the mail
- Open and date stamp all general correspondence.
- Record and handle all incoming and outgoing couriers.
- Extends an appropriate public relations image on behalf of the Chief and the Department.
- Achieves identifiable contribution on behalf of the Chief of Surgery's office and exhibits responsibility, initiative, and accomplishes measurable task performance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- Attention to detail. Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time sensitive tasks. Consistently display the highest degree of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.