In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx our teams handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.Responsibilities:
We are currently accepting application for a Full Time Psychologist to join the Psychiatry ER Unit. This is is a contract position (of renewable 6-month or 1-year).
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings
- Complete Psychiatric assessments of patients in the PES and CL Services
- Participate in the disposition of patients
- Supervises psychology interns and externs as assigned by the Director of Psychology or Designate.
- Participates in psychology staff meetings and Internship and Externship training programs.
- Keeps abreast of current psychological theory, treatment and testing approaches designed to maintain and/or increase population specific therapeutic and diagnostic assessment skills through attendance at workshops, conferences and seminars.
- Participates in training committee meetings as assigned by the Director of Psychology, or designate.
- Responsible for providing or supervising psychological testing on the unit as needed.
- Completion of two years of graduate work consisting of at least 60 graduate credits (semester hours) in Psychology.
- In an accredited graduate program leading to a doctoral degree in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, health psychology or neuropsychology, plus, two years of satisfactory full-time experience in one of the above-named areas under the supervision of a qualified Psychologist or Psychiatrist.
- Completion of APA-approved internship in professional psychology will be deemed as evidence of meeting all supervised experience requirements.
- It is expected that all staff members who have obtained a doctoral degree in psychology and who have direct patient contact for clinical purposes will obtain a State License as soon as they are eligible.