Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of nearly 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Purpose of Position:
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects of administrative support and for providing general assistance to visitors and staff in the office.
- + Answers/operates switchboard and addresses incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner.
- Welcomes visitors in a warm and friendly manner, offers refreshments to visitors, where appropriate; notifies appropriate person of guests' arrival.
- Schedules and coordinates calendars for all conference rooms. Provides accommodations to visitors in empty offices, when possible.
- Maintains reception, common areas, and breakroom area, including all appliances, in a clean and tidy manner at all times. Sets the dishwasher on a regular basis to ensure kitchenware is cleaned and ready for use.
- Reports any maintenance and housekeeping issues to building management and notifies staff, as necessary.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings and organizes catering, if requested.
- Operates and maintains standard office equipment and supplies, such as ink, toners, and paper, on a regular basis. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to appropriate person or group.
- Receives deliveries. Sorts and distributes incoming mail and confidentially organizes outgoing courier deliveries.
- Prepares correspondence and documents, as requested.
- Maintains detailed calendars and prioritizes meeting requests and logistics. Arranges all aspects of travel.
- Coordinates day-to-day administrative activities, necessary office functions; and ensures that administrative support concerns are handle efficiently.
- Prepares and submits complete and accurate invoices and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Prepares and distributes memos, letters, faxes, reports, meeting minutes and other documents as requested.
- Assist with special projects and any additional needs of all divisions of Administration.
- May perform other duties, as assigned.
- Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum 1-3 years in a similar role.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time sensitive tasks. Consistently display the highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion. Schedules activities accurately.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- EOE M/F/D/V
External Company URL: http://pagny.org/
Street: 451 Clarkson Avenue