Provider - Physician Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come work for one of the fastest-growing Urgent Care companies in the Northeast, PhysicianOne Urgent Care. Founded in 2008, PhysicianOne Urgent Care was the first in the region to be accredited and certified by the Urgent Care Association. PhysicianOne Urgent Care is proud to be an Affiliate of Yale-New Haven Health in Connecticut and New York and partnered with Wellforce/Tufts Medical Center in Massachusetts. We currently operate a network of twenty-three Urgent Care centers in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts. We are a hard-working team that is relentless in building a great company focused on patients, culture, and performance.
PhysicianOne Urgent Care is dedicated to providing compassionate, award-winning, quality, convenient, and timely medical care to local communities in both a cost-effective and caring manner.
We are currently seeking well-qualified talent to join our PhysicianOne team.
PhysicianOne is driven to provide compassionate, award-winning, quality, and timely medical care to local communities in both a cost-effective and caring manner. We are seeking a well-qualified Physician Assistant (or Nurse Practitioner), who is passionate about delivering exceptional patient care.
Responsibilities and Duties
Physical Assessment: The history, physical examination, assessment, and plan remain the four major components of the initial evaluation of each patient in the clinic. Each Advanced Practitioner is responsible for the following elements:
- Obtaining history of present illness in a concise manner
- Reviewing and obtaining past medical history, social history, family history, and review of systems
- Performing an appropriate physical examination
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory and radiologic testing when needed
- Obtaining records and relevant data in the process of patient evaluation
- Developing an orderly impression and differential diagnosis for patient complaints/concerns
- Developing an orderly plan for care based on clinical impressions and evidence-based medical guidelines
- Prescribing medications in accordance with State and Federal laws/guidelines
- Consulting with other medical providers when appropriate
- Referring to appropriate specialists when necessary
- Stabilizing patients with high acuity medical issues, within the capability of the clinic, and arranging for emergent transport to the nearest emergency department
Key Knowledge Areas: Several key knowledge areas and disease states commonly present in the urgent care setting. The Advanced Practitioner must have a good working knowledge including clinical presentation, evaluation, and treatment of the following disease states, across all age groups:
- Chest Pain & Cardiac Complaints
- Allergic Reactions
- Back Pain
- Cervical Pain
- Fractures & Sprains
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Asthma & COPD
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Pelvic Infections
- Abscess Care
- Lacerations & Burns
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Abdominal Pain
- Rashes & Skin Infections
- Eye Infections & Injuries
Procedural Skills: Clinical procedure skills each Advanced Practitioner must be qualified to perform. Basic skills include:
- Venipuncture and peripheral line placement
- Preparation and administration of subcutaneous, intravenous and intramuscular medications
- Dressing changes and wound management
- Administration of local anesthesia
- Application of splints
- Incision and drainage of simple abscesses
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Suturing of simple wounds or lacerations
- Removal of sutures or staples
- Emergency procedures including ACLS and PALS deemed necessary to sustain life or limb until EMS leaves the facility
Documentation, Coding, and Billing: All patient visits must be documented, coded and billed appropriately per PhysicianOne Urgent Care’s guidelines.
- All components of the history, physical exam, impression, and plan must be well documented in the electronic medical record system for each patient visit. Office visits should be completed and signed off within 72 hours of the patient encounter. Laboratory and radiology results reviewed must be signed, dated, and scanned into the electronic medical record system. Phone conversations involving patient care must be documented in the electronic medical record system.
- At each visit, based on the work performed and using the electronic medical records system’s coding tool, the appropriate billing code should be chosen for the visit. All procedures performed should be documented with the appropriate billing codes selected.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations to maintain patient rights to privacy
- Preserve each patient’s dignity at all times
- Understand and promote PhysicianOne Urgent Care’s values, goals, strategies, and overall vision
- Help other employees to accomplish the PhysicianOne Urgent Care’s goals
- Promote harmony, teamwork, leadership, and good supervisory/employee relations through example
- Participate in orientation, training, and staff development programs
- Participate in all emergency and disaster recovery plans as directed
Qualifications and Skills
Maintain the following licenses and certifications:
- State Medical License
- Controlled Substance Registration
- Federal DEA Registration
- Current certification by a national organization as an Advanced Practitioner
- PALS and ACLS Certification
- NRCME Certification
PhyicianOne Urgent Care
HealthcareView all jobs at PhyicianOne Urgent Care