A fast paced dermatology practice that provides state of the art patient care is looking for a full time medical assistant to help us meet the needs of our growing patient population.
The ideal candidate is highly dependable and organized, sharp, has the ability to multi-task, able to take direction but can work independently, a team player, professional, and has excellent work ethics. This candidate should enjoy interacting with people, have an eye for detail, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Strong interpersonal skills are an asset.
• Prepares treatment and exam rooms for examination of patients such as gowns, computer set-up of patient record and cleans work space before and after patient care.
• Sterilization and maintenance of instruments in the work space as needed.
• Specimen collection, patient verification and proper handling procedures.
• Generates requests for outside testing, and prescriptions when required, performs secretarial tasks and data entry to maintain office and patients records.
• Responsible for patient inquiries through patient portal; collects and organizes patient forms such as Pre-op clearance and miscellaneous forms.
• Handles and documents high volumes of messages including following up on messages daily under the instruction of the physician.
• Knowledge of medical insurance plans and guidelines for various tests. Assists in enforcing office policies regarding procedures and waivers.
• Knowledge of Dermatological Procedures
We offer Competitive pay, benefits package (Health, vision, dental, 401k), paid time off and a wonderful working environment!
***This job is open to current LPN's as well as Medical Assistants!