Software Development Manager
Phunware Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For over a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking a Software Development Manager with experience leading development teams for the iOS and Android platforms.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, communication skills, and work ethic with experience delivering apps to the App Store and Google Play.
What You’ll Do:
- Write JIRA tickets with clear Acceptance Criteria and Tech Notes, based on functional requirements provided by Product Managers/Stakeholders and designs provided by our Creative team
- Participate in Design Reviews and provide feedback on feasibility of new feature development as well as level of effort
- Work in an Agile sprint environment, ensuring tickets are estimated, builds are generated, and sent to QA in time to get closed by the end of the Sprint cycle.
- Work closely with Program Managers in providing status updates, ballpark estimates, and joining customer calls
- Set up app entries in Google Play and App Store Connect, including setting up of app IDs, push notifications, and code signing in developer portals.
- Set up and manage Firebase accounts for Crash Reporting, Remote Config, and Analytics
- Work with Phunware’s MaaS Platform for mobile to configure Analytics, Mobile Engagement, Content Management, and Indoor Mapping modules
- Ensure best practices are being followed such as features being controlled by feature flags, strings being externalized, proper error handling, screens tracked by analytics, deep link support, language localization, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in a management role
- 3+ years experience in a Software Engineering role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
- Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Experience with Android Studio, Xcode, Cocoapods, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with Git, Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
- Experience managing a larger team requiring a branching and merging strategy like Git Flow
- Familiarity with Kotlin and Swift programming languages
- Familiarity with MVVM software design pattern
Bonus Points For:
- Experience building web services
- Experience building SDK’s, Libraries, or Code Modules
- Experience with blockchain development
- Experience with QA Test Automation
- Track record of success in a start-up or high-growth environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Restricted Stock Units.
- Competitive salary.
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage.
Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile — Transforming Digital Human Experience
Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN), is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), an award-winning, fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. Phunware’s Software Development Kits (SDKs) include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty (PhunCoin & Phun) and analytics, as well as a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application and vertical solutions. Phunware helps the world’s most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month.
TechnologyView all jobs at Phunware