Photonics Industries, designer and manufacturer of LASER products is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. The position requires the development of firmware to control the hardware used to operate the laser. Typical firmware tasks control diode current, diode voltage, thermoelectric modules, shutters, RF signal sources and timing circuitry. This requires knowledge of:
- Writing software in “C”
- Using an IDE (NXP processor experience a plus)
- Debugging at the BIT level
- Device programming to load firmware into a target system
- Configuration control to manage software revisions
2. D/A and A/D converters
3. Parallel and serial ports
4. PID controllers
5. Sample and hold techniques
6. Communication protocols (Ethernet, RS-232, proprietary)
7. Feedback systems
Candidates must be able to read schematics and understand what their functions are. You must also be able to read and understand manufacturer’s hardware documentation for the chips used in the design.
Prospective applicants must show previous individual experience in the field. For example: designing and programming a robot at the hardware level, not using pre-written controller routines.