Solar PV Engineer / Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
This is a full-time permanent salary position with opportunities for long-term growth. Are you up for a challenge in the energy field? Come join our team and help Hawaii achieve a 100% renewable energy future.
This position is a multidisciplinary management position touching sales, electrical engineering, construction, and project management. Engineering management is a critical function, and the company seeks an individual capable of both managing the day-to-day tasks involved and also looking forward to building the team and infrastructure required to grow the company's engineering and implementation capabilities.
- Must be a team player and be willing to go above and beyond the norm to achieve outstanding results.
- Candidate must have In-depth knowledge of photovoltaic design and engineering for systems, energy storage, and electrical systems for residential & commercial applications.
- Must be proficient in AUTOCAD and be able to produce complete and accurate system designs.
- Must be knowledgeable in National Electric Code and local Hawaii utility interconnection requirements.
- An electrical engineering degree is preferred but not required.
- Valid State of Hawaii Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer is also highly desirable.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Specification, design, estimating, and drafting of mechanical and electrical plans for residential & commercial-scale solar photovoltaic systems, battery-based energy storage systems, electrical systems, and various other renewable energy technologies.
- Supervision and submission of permit applications at municipal building departments, as well as involvement with project management and sales department.
- Design, analyze, and develop photovoltaic and electrical projects/systems, including the selection of system components and specifications, and the generation of CAD layouts, electrical diagrams, permitting documentation support sales team in creating compelling proposal documents
- Assist in developing project schedules, budgets, energy models, scopes of work, and standards.
- Refine and document processes that the company follows in the design and engineering of PV, BESS, and electrical systems including the development of Standard operating procedures.
- Serve as the repository for documented engineering-related processes;
- Develop, refine and maintain standardized tools used by the engineering group on a daily basis in the design and engineering of energy systems. These tools include excel worksheets and CAD drawing library templates.
- Monitor the pipeline of commercial projects; anticipate engineering resources required, allocate resources to specific projects, establish milestones, monitor progress, mentor and support staff so that engineering does not bottleneck the flow of project implementation.
- Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, installation best practices, and support other managers as well as members of the engineering team as the "expert" on the technical and engineering aspects of PV systems.
- Serve as the company spokesman on engineering-related issues both internally and externally.
- Mentor and train members of the engineering team increasing individual and company engineering capability.
- Build-out engineering team. Interview and hire engineers as the company grows.
- Assist the sales team in understanding the engineering impacts of site-specific or customer-specific requirements, and preparing cost estimates and technical proposals.
- Build infrastructure that increases the company's ability to perform high-quality pre-sales engineering with the minimal overhead expense.
- Assist with contract review and negotiation in terms of engineering, testing, or monitoring requirements.
- Assist project managers and construction managers with the successful completion of projects and participate in the resolution of field-related issues that require engineering input.
- Assist purchasing manager to understand and evaluate various products from an engineering /technical standpoint. Periodically meet with vendors to learn about the technical aspects of their products.
- Disseminate this information appropriately throughout the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, suppliers, and customers.
- Support expansion of business as directed by management.
PhotonWorks Engineering LLPWhy Work Here?
Dedicated team of talented, driven individuals contributing to the100% renewable energy goal for Hawaii!
Founded in 2003 Photonworks Engineering is a locally owned construction and energy solutions company based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
1234 South King Street Honolulu HI 96814Honolulu, HI