Senior Electrical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This senior position requires a creative problem-solver willing to work collaboratively with our design team to develop new products and enhance existing products. Must be able to design and troubleshoot FPGA designs, simple digital circuits and analog electrical circuits from DC to 100 MHz including small-signal amplifier chains and power supplies. Program and debug bare-metal and next-to-the-metal microcontrollers. Provide technical support for manufacturing and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously improve the timeliness and value of Photon Kinetics products.
- Define testing and acceptance criteria for finished products. Assist Manufacturing in developing test procedures and diagnosing problems during production startup.
- Perform analytical and experimental analyses, form rational conclusions from them and document these results.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Develop cross-discipline technical and design skills.
- Develop an understanding of Photon Kinetics. products and key markets.
- Monitor and communicate trends and innovations to products, components and technologies relevant to PK.
- Comply with all Photon Kinetics, Inc. Quality procedures and work instructions for this position.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- Exercise independent judgment within broadly defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action in designing, developing and introducing (into manufacturing) new or significantly enhanced product.
- May manage or lead a project of wide scope and complexity, to develop and introduce (into manufacturing) a new or enhanced product.
- May train or mentor less qualified scientists/engineers.
- Travel as necessary to support the business.
Internal: Daily interaction with Managers, Engineers and Technicians in Product Development Engineering. Weekly interaction with project team members from other departments, such as Product Marketing Managers, Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians, Buyers, Master Schedulers, etc. External: Frequent interaction by phone, mail or face-to-face with suppliers. May occasionally work with customers when assisting Marketing or Customer Service in solving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- BSEE/MSEE degree, or equivalent experience and/or training.
- 10 years+ of relevant experience with analog and digital design and low-level programming.
- Experience analyzing and designing analog circuits from initial conceptualization using Spice models and other analytical techniques to realization of the circuit on a physical circuit board optimizing component placement and signal routing.
- Experience in FPGA programming and design. Knowledge of the Xilinx tool chain and mid-level gate arrays is a plus..
- Experience with microcontroller programming and design. Knowledge of Microchip PICs and the Microchip tool chain is a plus.
- Experience with the design of DC-DC power supplies.
- Able to schedule, plan, and prioritize own work in accordance with the goals of Photon Kinetics.
- Strong cross-discipline technical and design skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team member; able to work effectively as a team leader desirable.
- Knowledge of key technologies in Photon Kinetics products.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Solutions include optical fiber preform analyzers and test systems for characterizing the geometric and transmissive properties of fibers, as well as fiber handling and other test automation products that help minimize both measurement time and cost.
Also provides industry-standard fiber cleaving technology and OEM measurement capability for manufacturers of network monitoring equipment.
9305 SW Gemini DrBeaverton, OR
Get fresh Creative Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.