- Expired: February 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The project manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading projects from concept through to completion. This position requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. Constant communication & accountability with all internal & external project stakeholders using industry best practices for project management is expected.
- Ability to work both independently and with groups across different levels of management throughout the company (Technicians, Engineering, upper management, Purchasing, Sales).
- Ability to pull together cross-functional teams to complete project objectives (different disciplines of engineering, machining and build groups).
- Highly detailed and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and see all tasks and open issues through to completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Punctual personality.
- Manufacturing or automation industry experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge in mechanical or electrical/controls engineering preferred.
- Technically competent and proficient with various software programs: SmartSheet or Microsoft Project, Jira, Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams
- Ensure projects meet deadlines.
- Review and maintain project budget.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Call, organize, and lead meetings with the appropriate stakeholders (internal & external).
- Document and distribute meeting notes.
- Assign action items and project deliverables to appropriate resources & groups.
- Plan and coordinate labor and equipment schedules.
- Provide project updates, both to the customer and internal groups.
- Manage relationships with customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Lead and participate in all project milestones (project kick off, design reviews, machine run off).
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from vendors and contractors.
- 3-5 years in project management or automation industry.
- This is not an entry level position.
- Bachelor preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Office environment with regular time needed on the shop floor.
- Travel may be required based on project deliveries and installation (1-2 weeks typical).
- This is a full-time position and overtime may be required based on project need.
- Required that you be reachable via phone and email outside of normal working hours based on internal & external customer need.
- Work From Home is available when needed and planned in advance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week position, and typical hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additional shifts may be assigned as business needs dictate and occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Photon Automation, Inc
Get fresh Technology Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!