High-End Graphics Sign Painter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
High-end Graphics Sign Painter
We are a digital graphic printing company with a national customer base that has been operational for 45+ years. Our market includes the museum, trade-show, and retail industries. We produce high-end one-of-a-kind graphics and need a skilled detail-oriented production team player to paint, powder-coat, and provide finishing to substrates that we print on.
Coating application process from start to finish. Obtaining highest quality spray finished graphics possible for the museum, high end trade show, and expo industry. Top quality spray facility and equipment will be supplied. Sata, Anesta Iwata, 3M PPS, Garmat.
Applying a variety of paint and clear coat types via spray gun (3-part urethane, acrylic, lacquer, waterborne), utilizing paint additives (accelerators, reducers, hardeners) to maintain the same gloss level and specifications as previous jobs, HVLP RP gravity-fed and pressure fed spray applicators, color charts, color matching.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year minimum in coating/painting automotive or sign manufacturing fields.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
Use judgment to plan and perform painting and coating operation, booth set ups and other activities in preparing, priming, painting or coating of components and other parts and plan and implement set ups and operations and make decisions following established methods and procedures.
• Work from non-complex blueprints, specifications, work sheets, dimensions, color codes, mixing charts, tables, verbal and written instruction/information.
• Prepare, match colors and mix standard and other primers, paints and coatings to proper consistency and viscosity, using thinners, solvents, additives and agitators as required. Select pressures, nozzles, oven temperatures, cure times..
• Prepare and clean items and surfaces to be finished. Mask, plug, block finished, machined, or specified surfaces not to be coated.
• Uniformly apply wet primers, paints, and wet or dry coatings to parts and components and other items using care to avoid over spraying/coating and to obtain a smooth, covered and even surface free form runs and thin spots. Repeat operations as necessary to obtain desired effect or thickness of media.
• Visually and mechanically check finished items for pin holes, runs, and bare spots, proper coverage. Refinish and touch up as required.
• Prepare and coat sample pieces.
• Ensure the proper movement of finished goods to inspection or shipping area; cleaning and maintenance of spray application equipment, booths, filters, protective clothing, and equipment according to established practices. Ensure needed painting and coating supplies are on hand.
• May assist or direct others in performance of work.
• Reviewing detailed work-orders and following specific instructions for graphic completion
• Manage paint jobs for proper time-management to ensure completion by deadline
MENTAL ATTENTION/VISUAL DEMAND:
Continuous mental and visual attention in making set ups and operating painting and coating apparatus requiring constant alertness and activity.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to temperature ranges from 65-95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors all NIOSH safety equipment will be provided.
The position will be primarily Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. It may require additional hours through the week and/or possibly some weekends.
We offer the following employee benefits:
Company contributed health insurance
Aflac, Vision, and Dental insurance are available
HSA/Flexible spending program
Paid vacation and sick time
Relevant work experience; Painting, powder coating, or trade school completion
Perform standard math add, subtract, multiply, and divide
Experience using various paint brushes and spray guns (gravity and air fed)
Good color vision and aesthetic instincts
Familiarity with painting tools and materials
Time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule
Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
Ability to communicate information clearly
Attention to detail and quality required
Physical strength, stamina, motor skills and dexterity
Reliable transportation to and from work
If interested, please email your resume and we will be in contact if your skill set matches our needs.
Thank you for your interest.
The industry needs dictate the workload which is generally very fast paced with constant deadlines, and minimal room for error. "If you can dream it, we can make it" is our company slogan and our customers come to us because we always give them what they need, meet deadlines at all costs, and above all we deliver a superior product.
Photo Lab, Inc.
1026 Redna TerraceCincinnati, OH
Get fresh Signage Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.