- Posted: over a month ago
Phospholutions, Inc. is an award-winning and venture-backed agtech start-up company headquartered in State College, PA that built its mission around enhancing the efficiency of global phosphorus use. Phospholutions was founded in 2016 under the belief that our global food system demands better solutions for sustainable production and responsible use of phosphorus. The company's patented process and innovative products utilize RhizoSorb® technology. RhizoSorb® technology optimizes plant uptake of key nutrients like phosphorous, promoting root growth and reducing waste. Unlike traditional fertilizer, RhizoSorb® products prevent fertilizer from polluting waterways, reduce fertilizer and irrigation needs, and improve the overall qualify of plants. Phospholutions, Inc. services the agriculture, turf, and ornamental industries.
Coming off a series of successful research and test trials, the company is primed and positioned to expand into new markets and to hire another Research Associate!
If you are a resourceful, focused, and innovative research professional who is fully-capable of problem-solving, attention to detail, exercising good judgement, and being able to maintain a research laboratory, we highly encourage you to apply for this position!
We value energy, passion, authenticity, creativity…and results! The individual hired for this position will assume ownership of and perform a diverse range of tasks, becoming an indispensable business partner to the Research Scientist and R&D team, helping to manage, implement, and achieve critical research and development objectives and strategies. The Research Associate also serves as a liaison to internal colleagues regarding laboratory studies/projects.
Among other responsibilities, this position provides research and development support by planning and executing lab experiments, preparing samples for analysis, performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials, preparing standards and chemical reagents for use in experiments, developing a company-specific scientific knowledge inventory of various materials and their impacts on phosphorus-soil behavior, recording/managing experimental procedures and data, performing quality control tests, troubleshooting instrumentation, and ensuring proper repair as needed. Work assignments are often performed with limited direct supervision and often, where only limited standardization exists; therefore, the Research Associate must have the skills and abilities to identify and implement process and/or system improvements to achieve a defined outcome. The Research Associate also performs other tasks to support the R&D team and other staff, including, but not limited to organizing, maintaining, and managing small-scale laboratory equipment, supplies, and chemical inventory and translating/communicating research findings and complex statistical information within the company.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/ABILITIES: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and managing work requests from multiple sources and in meeting deadlines; superior time management skills and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to exercise ethical, prudent judgment and problem-solving in the absence of direct supervision
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and build strong working relationships with others, especially using digital, phone, and video technologies
- Ability to work independently, learn new skills quickly, and take initiative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment and assume personal ownership of R&D activities and outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including mastery of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and tone
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Strong knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry
- Strong math skills including the use of statistic, formulas, charts, and tables
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related physical science field from an accredited university or college
- “Day-1 Expert-level” proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- 1 plus years laboratory research experience
- Proficient in statistics and graphing software(s)
- Experience with basic analytical chemistry (qualitative and quantitative analysis) as well as spectrometry, spectroscopy, spectrophotometry, and microscopy.
- Background checks (criminal/education/employment/reference/credit/DMV) will be performed; results must be satisfactory to the company.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures and other prescribed best practices/industry standards
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (THESE ARE A PLUS!)
- Demonstrated experience with lab design and setup
- Experience with computer programming
- Material Science experience
Tell us why you are interested in this position and your desired salary in the cover letter section of this posting. Include your resume, answer a few questions, then click submit. It’s that easy to apply right now!
- This is an IMMEDIATE opportunity, BUT we are looking for an awesome new team member, so the position will remain open until filled.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Applicants must be able to report to work in State College, PA as prescribed by the Company. There is no relocation assistance available.
- Candidates should be prepared to provide writing samples and examples of previous work.
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional office setting; The employee is constantly required to talk, hear, stand or sit for extended periods of time while using a computer, telephone or other productivity devices to communicate with other personnel and conduct business. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently, uses hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, squat, turn/twist, and smell. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equally important, this job also requires the incumbent to be physically present in a laboratory setting on an as needed basis to communicate with other personnel and to conduct business; this is a light industrial work environment that is heated and cooled; the noise level in the work environment is (e.g. occasionally loud). (in)Frequent sitting, standing, moving forward/back/side-to-side, and working around laboratory equipment is required; where exposure to electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, sealants, solvents, and other compounds is possible; exposure to extreme temperatures and/or work space restrictions is also possible.
In certain work spaces, employees are required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas in or around confined spaces with some exposure to chemicals, grease, and oils, fumes and/or other compounds.”
Phospholutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressState College, PA
ScienceView all jobs at Phospholutions