Warehouse Receiving Clerk
Phoenix Textile Corporation O'Fallon, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Warehouse Receiving Clerk Job Summary
The Receiving Clerk position unloads, records and processes shipments sent to the warehouse. The Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving shipments, sorting items within the shipment into the appropriate locations, recording the number of items in each shipment and recording into computer system that number to a manager. In addition, the Receiving Clerk works in collaboration with other positions within the company to maintain inventory control.
Essential Skills, Characteristics and Experience
- Ability to interact with suppliers, freight carriers, sales staff, and other company personnel in a manner that promotes customer retention and creates a positive work culture reflective of Phoenix's commitments.
- Goal/results oriented
- Likes to work in a collaborative manner
- Good time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both in an oral and written manner
- Capable of managing multiple tasking
- High School Diploma
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist product to proper locations and process outgoing orders.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of products.
- Prepares receiving documents for receipt of goods using computer system.
- Performs processing of return shipments.
- Receives shipments and signs paperwork upon receipt
- Assists in unloading shipments.
- Performs cycle count inventory according to established guidelines and assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Processes any receipts of goods into warehouse.
- Maintains location allocation for inventory throughout warehouse.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Follows all department work instructions.
- Ensures compliance with company safety rules and policies.
- Performs any other warehouse responsibilities as needed by production demands.
- Serves as back up to Shipping Clerk.
Phoenix Textile Corporation abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 6-1.4(a) , 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
If assistance is needed in applying for employment, please contact our Human Resources Department by email or by phone at 314.770.1577.
Phoenix Textile Corporation
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Phoenix Textile Corporation