Title: Plant Manager, Plant 01
Reports to: Vice President of Manufacturing
Job Purpose: Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day operations for Phoenix Stamping’s Plant 01.
Scope: Phoenix Stamping Group’s Plant 01 currently staffs 130 direct and indirect labor associates. Direct reports for this position include Production Supervisors (6), Maintenance Manager (1), and Tool and Die Manager (1).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Implement strategy for Plant 01 operational management:
- Manage Plant 01 Production, Maintenance, and Tooling departments to meet or exceed company objectives for safety, quality, cost, and delivery
- Build and monitor production schedules to ensure they are aligned with customer demand and corporate inventory goals.
- Audit compliance with standard work instructions and process control plans to minimize production of defective parts and avoid cost related to poor quality events.
- Review all quality metrics with plant leaders to identify root cause and implement effective countermeasures.
- Periodically evaluate staffing levels to ensure human resources are adequate and properly positioned to support current and future production requirements
- Oversee the professional development and evaluation of Managers, Supervisors and Leaders.
- Identify Operator development opportunities and enlist appropriate corporate personnel to assist in construction and implementation of training programs that are comprehensive and regularly reinforced.
- Champion the plants safety program as Committee Member and coordinate statutory training and compliance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of visual factory tools and continually monitor their effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of contemporary operational theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to all operational personnel as well as functional managers and executives
- Provide input and oversee spending related to Plant 01 budgetary requirements.
Plan, implement, and support operational improvements
- Promote Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques in all production and related processes to increase efficiency and minimize operating costs.
- Use process to gather data and systematically solve problems
- Actively solicit suggestions and exploit the experience of all employees to develop and implement product and process improvements.
Operate within Company Parameters:
- Communicate and liaise with other functional managers and executives so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs or operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of process challenges and process improvements and changes.
- Ensure operational activities and management of equipment and materials are executed in a manner consistent with good stewardship
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Execute all responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards as established by company policies and procedures
Key Measures of Success:
- Continuous Improvement Activity
- Safety Record
- Quality Metrics
- OTD (Stated or Promised)
- Plant Profit Contribution to Budget
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Background in metal stamping and metal fabrication manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of lean manufacturing
- Experience maintaining quality systems (ISO 9001:2015 preferred)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- Exceptional communication skills and leadership experience
Phoenix Stamping Group, LLC offers a drug-free work place along with a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO), dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law and in compliance with ADAAA.