This Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor position is located at the Adult Residential Facility in Citra, FL (15681US-301, Citra, FL 32113).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain a clinical caseload. Perform mental health screening and bio psycho-social assessments on potential residents and make judgments on admission or referral out. Provide individual, group and family counseling and facilitate special clinical groups as requested. Maintain current, accurate and confidential clinical charts and submit all documentation and reports in a timely manner. Facilitate seminars and workshops as directed. Maintain ongoing communication with the resident structure to determine the overall environment of the community, identify problems and possible solutions, and help coordinate the smooth transition of scheduled activities. Hold residents accountable when necessary for inappropriate or negative behaviors and utilize effective confrontation techniques and behavior interventions to help improve behavior. Ensure debriefing with staff at the beginning and end of each shift with the oncoming staff and provide thorough written communication through documentation of daily activities in the staff communication log. Ensure immediate communication with facility leadership on incidents involving absconders, physical violence, suicidal threats, physical accidents involving staff or residents and extreme negative behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Two years previous counseling experience in substance abuse treatment or mental health setting required.
- Previous experience in a Therapeutic Community (TC) setting preferred.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record, with no more than 4 points, required.
- Upon selection for hire, prospective employees will be required to successfully pass the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level II background check and the Department of Corrections (DOC) background check.
SCHEDULING NEEDS: Shifts may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer