Patient Care Coordinator I - PRN
Phoenix Physical Therapy Newark, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Phoenix Physical Therapy has been focused on supporting our communities with local outpatient clinics for more than 20 years. We provide patients with physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training and massage therapy services in a welcoming environment. Our experienced clinicians are committed to delivering a great patient care experience from beginning to end. At Phoenix, we help our patients Recover, Recharge & Rise!
The Patient Care Coordinator I serve as an initial point of contact in a clinic setting by performing check-in/check-out functions and booking patient appointments. Prepares and maintains equipment and physical environment for daily activities. Will assist with patient care. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Oversee the cleanliness and inventory of the clinic.
- Maintains safety and sanitary requirements.
- Assist with set-up of treatment rooms, supervision, and safety of the clinic.
- Answer the phones and relay messages.
- Schedule and remind patients for services to assure their treatment goals are met.
- Perform insurance verification.
- Meet with patients on their first visit to assure all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Collect patient's co-payment, co-insurance, and deductible each office visit.
- Process credit card payments
- Ensure that the procedure codes are accurately entered into the EMR.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with the PHOENIX company guidelines.
- Conduct end-of-day procedures as outlined in company procedure manual.
- Perform other office support work as needed.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education / Training:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or college level business courses preferred.
- 0-2 years of previous experience in a medical office, customer service, or other related business.
- Current CPR Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be able to follow directions.
- Proficient with Microsoft word, strong data entry skills with EMR systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment.
- Consistent and regular use of phone required.
- Must be able to keep numbers in correct order on a very consistent and regular basis.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch o lift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Consistent sitting for many hours at one time. Majority of day (50%+) is spent sitting at a desk.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time Phoenix may revise this job description.
***Phoenix Physical Therapy is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Phoenix Physical Therapy
HealthcareView all jobs at Phoenix Physical Therapy