- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer will act as a liaison between the customer and the organization in all matters related to quality with respective customers. This position will ensure that processes and systems are in place that meets the needs of the customer and the business.
- Oversee and monitor the SPC program for the facility.
- Submit projects on a regular basis as part of the continuous improvement program initiative.
- Perform root cause analysis and follow through with permanent corrective actions.
- Participate in customer visits for problem solving of quality issues.
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establish statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develop experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintain statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multistream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepare reports by collecting analyzing and summarizing data; make recommendations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking practices, participating in professional societies and maintaining American Society of Quality certified quality engineer certification.
- Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree Quality, Engineering or related field.
· Four years of previous quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably in the paper or plastics industry. Previous experience with plastics and/or thermoforming strongly desired.
· Proficiency in quality system management and process improvement.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to promote team dynamics with the department.
· Ability to deal with complex situations.
· Attention to detail thoroughness and follow through abilities.
· Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Phoenix Packaging Opera
ManufacturingView all jobs at Phoenix Packaging Opera