Cloud DevOps Engineer (Work from Home) - TS/SCI Required
- Expired: January 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leverage AWS and CI/CD technologies to build a new DevSecOps pipeline for mission critical-software applications. Since most of the work is conducted remotely (from home), this highly motivated engineering team uses Agile (Scrum) processes and online collaboration tools to coordinate activities. The objective is to fully automate the software processes that build, test, harden, package, and deploy applications across multiple cloud platforms (AWS GovCloud, SC2S, C2S). The result is an enterprise-wide DevOps pipeline that delivers mission functionality to operational environments. While the tasking is remote (i.e., work from home), on site work for at least one day a week will be required.
Work will include researching new technologies, implementing new solutions, and providing recommendations to reduce program risk / cost. The specific technologies and activities are described below but heavy emphasis will be placed on Containers (Docker), Infrastructure-as-Code (Ansible, Terraform), AWS platforms and services, and CI/CD technologies (GitLab, Jenkins).
Recurring responsibilities include:
- Overseeing builds, deployments, packaging, integration, automation and releases
- Continuously evaluating the Monitoring and Performance of the environment
- Providing standards and practices around Infrastructure as Code
- Ensuring automated processes for builds and deployments are streamlined
- Participating in technology, architecture and design discussions
- Developing the architecture and automation templates for infrastructure provisioning, and configuration / change management
- Providing day-to-day technical guidance to the application engineers and being an expert of DevOps principles to the team
- Building and optimizing an architecture for supporting production applications
- Level-3 support for a production environment
- 3+ years working within Linux (e.g., Red Hat, CentOS) environments
- 3+ years administering common Linux applications (e.g. Tomcat, PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years working within a DevOps or CI/CD environment
- 2+ years using Agile (Scrum) processes and tools including Confluence and Jira.
- 2+ years with automation technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef and Salt
- 2+ years with Git (preferably GitLab), Maven, Nexus and Jenkins
- 2+ years scripting in Python, Ruby, or BASH
- 1+ years working with containers (i.e. Docker) and orchestration (i.e. Kubernetes)
- 1+ years supporting AWS environments and native services (S3, SQS, SNS, IAM)
- Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a team player and a leader who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
- Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Must have hands-on experience with design and development best practices
- Familiarity with the Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) DevTools
- Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Familiarity with industry standard commodity hardware for information systems (servers, storage, network devices)
- Familiarity with industry standard software products (operating systems, hypervisors, databases, and web servers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Certifications Required: None, but AWS certifications are highly desirable
- Must have an active security clearance (TS/SCI) for this position
- TS/SCI security clearance and willingness to pursue a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Company Paid Premiums
STD, LTD, and Life Insurance - 100% Company paid
401K – Automatic 10% company contribution; no matching required
PTO - 4 weeks/year
Holidays - 10 paid/year
Birthdays off with pay
Referral Bonuses – Upfront AND Annually Recurring
Open Source Bonuses – Contribute to our Github projects
Professional Development – Paid training, Certifications, and Enrichment
ABOUT PHOENIX OPERATIONS GROUP:
Phoenix Operations Group is a high-end engineering services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national cyber resources. As a small start-up operating out of the Baltimore/Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees' skills and provide game-changing solutions to our customers.
Our technical competencies include Big Data analytics (batch and streaming), Cloud Computing infrastructure, multi-INT visualization, and enterprise architectures. We support operational missions (All-Source, Financial, CND) and serve as Product Owners for our open-source research initiatives.
Please visit us at http://www.phoenix-opsgroup.com for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
Phoenix Operations Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Phoenix Operations Group