Headquartered in Maryland, Phoenix Mecano is the North American sales and value-added manufacturer of the Swiss-based holding company Phoenix Mecano Group. Through our Rose Industrial Enclosures, Bopla Electronic Enclosures, and RK Rose+Krieger product lines, we've been protecting and moving the world's innovations for over 30 years.From machining to screen printing to milling, anodizing and much more, Phoenix Mecano has the capabilities that fit your specific needs and can quickly get the job finished ' every time. With our extensive technical understanding and expertise, you don't have to worry about unexpected problems or delays in getting your custom solution.
In this technical support role the ideal candidate must be able to perform the following essential functions:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs for products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Identifies and establishes new accounts by sourcing potential customers and planning and organizing a sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, and other professional personnel.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Supports the development of customer's staff by providing technical information and training as needed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and anticipating future legislation as it applies to the role, responsibilities, company, and product.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- ERP & CRM Software skills
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal and written communication skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Preferred Requirements:
- BA/BS degree with a concentration business, manufacturing, engineering, or other related discipline.
- 7 to 10 years of proven sales experience.
This position sits in our Frederick, MD facility and does not offer a relocation package.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro