Job Title: Advertising Research Analyst
Location: New York, NY, San Francisco or Chicago
About Phoenix Marketing International:
At Phoenix, you will experience an entrepreneurial culture and collaborate with team members who are innovative and passionate about their work. Founded in 1999, Phoenix Marketing International has over 400 employees across the globe, including New York City, Oldsmar, Boston, Branchburg, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Hamburg, Mexico City, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Munich, and London. Phoenix MI is considered one of the Top Research Firms in the US (American Marketing Association Gold Report), and is one of the fastest growing Market Research firms in the world. Phoenix MI works in all major industries, helping its clients build and measure brands and communications, create and refine the products and services that they deliver, and optimize their customers’ experience.
Come join the Phoenix team!
AT&T, Capital One, PepsiCo, and Toyota. What do they all have in common? They are all national brands that collaborate with Phoenix Marketing International (PMI) to drive their businesses by optimizing TV and online advertising. PMI’s Brand Effect team works with companies to provide insights and thought leadership surrounding advertising strategy. Our work helps clients improve media planning, diagnose creative advertising practices, and track competitive activity through real-world, real-time measurement.
On the Brand Effect team, which works with various clients across Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Restaurant, Retail, Technology, and Telecom industries, you will be responsible for compiling analysis results, from data extraction to final deliverable, while turning the numbers into stories that our clients can understand. Together with a Research Lead, you will develop creative and media placement recommendations to help clients optimize their advertising investment.
What you will be doing:
When you join the Brand Effect team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Research Analyst, you will:
- Analyze, mine, and interpret syndicated and custom data and determine the “why” of the results
- Work as part of a team to apply research solutions
- Perform data extracts using the Brand Effect proprietary database and data analytic tools
- Prepare scheduled and custom client-ready reports using PowerPoint
- Ensure the integrity of all data collected by completing quality control process on all deliverables
- Initiate discussion / raise questions with manager when elements of the data are inconsistent with prior findings or expectations
- Work with internal operations teams to ensure client surveys are implemented correctly
- Gain a larger understanding of your client’s industry and learn how best to incorporate client business needs into analyses
What we are looking for:
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of the analysis
- Eager to learn and develop skills
- Ability to deliver under deadlines
BACKGROUND & TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising
- Strong data mining skills
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint)
WHO IS PHOENIX MARKETING INTERNATIONAL?
- PMI helps clients improve their Ad and Brand Communications, create and refine the products and services that they deliver, and optimize the Customer Experience driven by those commitments
- AMA Gold Report “Top 20” firm and growing rapidly; founded in 1999 with core tenets being to serve our clients and our people, which we stand by to this day and fuels our success
- 350+ research consultants from both client and agency sides with offices throughout the US (including a new, fully renovated Manhattan office nearby Times Square), London, Mexico City, and Shanghai
Phoenix Marketing International is an Equal Opportunity Employer