Utility Damage Investigator: 75% working from home. 25% working in the field. Hours are flexible.
Every SIX SECONDS a utility line is damaged in the United States. Investigators are needed to investigate utility damages for a local telecom company. This is a part-time, on call, contract job.
Will train but must have the following skills and equipment-
- People skills to gather information from involved parties such as witnesses, police and fire departments, as well as the person or persons who caused the damage.
- Smartphone to help gather photos and information, and conduct further investigation.
- Computer to upload and download reports and research cases, and to interact with our claims system.
- Broadband internet connection is very helpful.
- Self-monitoring and starter a real plus
- Reliable vehicle and ability to respond to damages when you are requested by dispatch.
Compensation of $50 per report claim paid twice a month. Any time over the first hour is compensated at $15 per hour.
This job is to supplement an income. Please view our web site at www.phoenixlosscontrol.com for more information on the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to damage calls within a 6 hour time frame
- Complete Damage investigations within 10 days
- Work alongside claims managers and other Phoenix Loss Control personnel to complete follow up as necessary
- Organize and attend quarterly meetings at client field offices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous telecom utility company preferred.
- Knowledge of underground utility locating experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous investigation experienced preferred.
This is a 1099, contract position. There are no benefits offered with this position.
If you have worked as police officer, law enforcement, detective, police investigator, private investigator, insurance adjuster, home inspectors / Inspections, property field adjuster, insurance investigator, than this position may be for you!
Phoenix Loss Control
Why Work Here?Phoenix Loss Control (“PLC”) is as an outsourced services provider in the cable, telecom, and utilities sector. PLC’s core service is outside plant damage investigation, recovery, and prevention. We help our clients recover the costs of third-party damages to their infrastructure.
Flexible Schedule, Remote Work