Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Instructor/Operator
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. (PLI) recognized on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, is looking for talent that can easily integrate into a success-oriented team environment where the focus on positive customer engagement and outcomes in the form of superior quality and on time delivery permeates its culture.
Phoenix Logistics Incorporated (PLI) is an agile provider of engineering, manufacturing, information technology, and logistics & supply chain services to the defense, aerospace, and industrial markets. The company is made up of talented experts, with years of defense and industry experience, who reliably solve technical and programmatic problems related to aerospace design and manufacturing, as well as complex logistical challenges related to delivery of critical infrastructure (Medical, Energy, IT and Transportation).
PLI recognizes great talent through empowering employees to succeed, offering competitive compensation and providing top tier PTO, Holiday, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, LTD, tuition reimbursement and other benefits.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is currently seeking applicants for an Instructor/Operator (I/O) position at Fort Campbell, KY. This position will be in support of the Army Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Program.
Serves as an I/O for the Medical Simulation Training Center MSTC), which plans and carries out instruction/validation in accordance with accepted medical practices and established military medical and operational doctrine. The I/O will be capable of instructing a mixed population of Soldiers, both inexperienced and seasoned. The training may be conducted in a classroom or a field training/evaluation environment.
The I/O will utilize approved simulation scenarios included in the course POI or as approved by US Army EMS and ensure that the medical simulation scenarios are designed to be as realistic as possible. Therefore, he/she will utilize moulage techniques, environmental control, and theatrical special effects to simulate the injuries and environment that the military medic or first responder may confront during various operational echelons and or theatres. Moreover, he/she will assess the students’ critical thinking skills and psychomotor skills based on their ability to perform under these high-fidelity situations.
The I/O will be capable of instructing, demonstrating skills and testing Soldiers in all areas of the 68W Sustainment, EMT levels, as well as CLS courses.
This is a full-time position at the MSTC.
- Ensures that training courses address all levels of students.
- Capable of instructing, demonstrating skills and testing Soldiers in all areas of the 68W Sustainment, EMT, and NREMT Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP) level in support of EMT Sustainment Course, as well as CLS courses. All I/Os must meet the minimum Instructor qualifications for course they instruct.
- Comfortable instructing a mixed population of Soldiers, both inexperienced and seasoned, in class sizes not to exceed the instructor /student ratios as directed by the AMEDDC&S.
- Work with the training unit to assist the unit in preparing for training to include equipment use, preparation and clean up.
- Remain informed of and must maintain proficiency with applicable company products.
- Inventory and manage consumable items (skins, synthetic blood, etc.) along with the Preventive Maintenance Checks & Services (PMCS) Kits.
- Perform PMCS (daily maintenance) on all equipment.
- I/Os shall be current in and maintain National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) with a level of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher. In addition, I/Os shall comply with one of the following requirements:
- A former 68W or 18D Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Advanced Leader Course (ALC) Graduate)
- A former Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 8404 or Navy Independent Duty Corpsman E-6 or above
- A former Air Force 4NOX1, or an Aerospace Medical Service (4NOX1) E-6 or above
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or Physician
- Must maintain Basic Life Support-Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) certification.
- Must complete TC 8-800 (all tables) or the most current TC3 instructor course offered by the Army Medical Department (AMEDD). All I/Os must complete TC 8-800 skills validation annually.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance if required.
- Combat experience is preferred, especially in the medical specialties listed above from all service.
- Knowledge of site technical and operational staff functions.
- Prior experience in course development and education methodology.
- Experience with software languages used in simulation.
- Communication skills to write training manuals and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of employees.
- Presentation skills to train and educate students/ employees on technical material and applications.
- Interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of students/ employees.
- Comprehension skills for understanding products and applying knowledge to presentation.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Analytical skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student/ employee information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities in the technical/engineering and training fields.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is operated in classroom settings and field conditions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate, within multiple training domains and/or work site locations.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.