Residential and Outpatient Counselor
Phoenix House Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
(Full-Time,Part-Time and Per-Diem) Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor or IOP ProgramManager, the Counselor is responsible for clinical and case management servicesfor all patients and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs primary counselor duties to clients and their families including but are not limited to development of treatment plans; crisis intervention; group, individual, family and didactic sessions; coordination of treatment services with probation, school, and other referral sources
- Performs discharge coordination and planning with necessary referrals and documentation.
- Promotes and utilizes a strengths-based treatment model for substance abuse treatment.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation utilizing an electronic medical record in accordance with the expectations and standards of Phoenix House policy and procedures, state licensing requirements, and funding/contract requirements. Responsible for all other documentation related to the treatment and progress of clients in the program.
- Attends and participates in clinical meetings, weekly supervision with supervisor, staff meetings, and other treatment team meetings in accordance with program needs.
- Adheres to ethical and conduct standards as established by professional licensure and Phoenix House policies.
- Provide case management and maintains communication with the treatment team, families, and referral sources.
- Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment as needed.
- May perform assessments, screenings, and intakes, with patients as required.
- May perform utilization review as needed
- Multi-lingual counselors may be asked to conduct services in multiple languages to meet the needs of the clients and families
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Master's degree in social work or counseling/education is preferred with LPC-Intern, LMSW, LMFT-A
- LPC, LCSW, or LMFT highly preferred
- One or more years' relevant experience with counseling preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Texas Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CAREFor– Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job ID: 33
Phoenix HouseWhy Work Here?
Join a Great Agency that Offers a Rewarding Career, Great Benefits and Room for Growth!
Phoenix House has provided recovery and rehabilitation services to thousands of men, women, and teens struggling with addiction and dependency. Our professional, experienced staff provides evidence-based services that help patients draw from their strengths to lead healthy, productive, and rewarding lives. Recognizing the long-term nature of recovery, Phoenix House addresses patients’ behavioral health issues through a continuum of care, including prevention, early intervention, treatment, and recovery support.