Per-Diem Bilingual Spanish Counselor
(Per-Diem)Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Per-Diem Bilingual Spanish Counseloris responsible for clinical and case management services for all patients andtheir families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performsprimary counselor duties to clients and their families including but are notlimited to development of treatment plans; crisis intervention; group,individual, family and didactic sessions; coordination of treatment serviceswith probation, school, and other referral sources
- Performsdischarge coordination and planning with necessary referrals anddocumentation.
- Promotesand utilizes a strengths-based treatment model for substance abuse treatment.
- Maintainsaccurate and timely documentation utilizing an electronic medical record inaccordance with the expectations and standards of Phoenix House policy andprocedures, state licensing requirements, and funding/contractrequirements. Responsible for all otherdocumentation related to the treatment and progress of clients in theprogram.
- Attendsand participates in clinical meetings, weekly supervision with supervisor,staff meetings, and other treatment team meetings in accordance with programneeds.
- Adheresto ethical and conduct standards as established by professional licensure andPhoenix House policies.
- Providecase management and maintains communication with the treatment team, families,and referral sources.
- Providecrisis intervention and risk assessment as needed.
- Mayperform assessments, screenings, and intakes, with patients as required.
- Mayperform utilization review as needed
- Multi-lingualcounselors may be asked to conduct services in multiple languages to meet theneeds of the clients and families
- Attendsall required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and statelicensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attendsand participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheresto and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as arole model for others
- Master'sdegree in social work or counseling/education with LPC-Intern, LMFT-A
- LicensedLPC, LMFT, LMSW, LCDC highly preferred
- Oneor more years' relevant experience with counseling preferred.
- BilingualSpanish Required
- Mustmaintain a valid Texas Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance andmaintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix house policy
- Demonstratedcommitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CAREFor- Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, andForward-Thinking
- Proficiencyin MS Office systems
- Abilityto utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establishand maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicateeffectively with others both orally and in writing
- Abilityto work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Abilityto establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Abilityto model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understandingof addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understandingof patient development and family systems
- Excellenttime management and organizational skills
- Abilityto be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, andcollaborative
- Skillsand ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families ofvarious backgrounds
- Bilingualin Spanish required
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Job ID: 36