(Full-Time) Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Recruiter is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting; recruitment, screening, and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
Starting at $50K yr. DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Screens resume, interviews candidates (by phone or in-person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
· Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates
· Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
· Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
· Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding the recruiting process.
· Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
· Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
· Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS)
· Manages application/resume file and retention according to agency policy
· Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
· Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
· Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources preferred
· High School graduate or equivalent required
· HRIS experience
· At least two years of prior recruiting experience
· Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
· Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission and Values: I CARE – Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
· Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds
· Ability to stay abreast of trends in HR recruitment and policy to ensure the organization is proactive in its functioning
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS EXCEL and WORD
· Ability to be flexible; problem solver; self-directed; customer service-oriented; and, collaborative
· Solid proofreading skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to articulate and explain Phoenix House's organization, structure, and culture
· Demonstrated ability to interact with management at all levels. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
· Excellent written and verbal communications-clear, succinct, focused
· Understanding of and familiarity with the digital environment and marketplace (functions, positions, candidates, etc.)
· Ability and agility to succeed in a fast-paced environment
· Hands-on, team-oriented work ethic
· Ability to effectively prioritize in a high-pressure environment
· Working knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulations
· Demonstrated ability to learn
Job Location: Lake View Terrace, CA
Job ID: 178