Bilingual Spanish Prevention Specialist
(Full-Time and Part-Time)Reporting to the Prevention Supervisor, the Prevention Specialist isresponsible for education of high-risk youth and families using the researchbased curriculum.
- Degreein education, social work or related field preferred.
- HSDiploma required
- CertifiedPrevention Specialist designation preferred
- LCDC,LPC, LMSW preferred
- BilingualSpanish Required
- Twoyears' experience working with youth in chemical dependency prevention, interventionor treatment setting preferred
- Abilityto demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with youth,team members, parents and community contacts.
- Abilityto effectively present material to facilitate learning and life skilldevelopment in youth
- Abilityto effectively manage classroom while presenting educational material
- Abilityto work with independently or in a team environment
- Proficiencyin MS Office products and experience utilizing web-based programs
- Goodorganization and time management skills
- Abilityto model positive behavior.
- Mustmaintain a valid TX Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance andmaintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job ID: 8