Phoenix Group of Virginia, Inc. is seeking a Shipping Packer to assist in warehouse duties at JEB Little Creek, VA to support the chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear defense (CBRNE-EE) program for the Extreme Environments Life Support Branch at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD). The staff for this position should be familiar with working on Government installations and shall follow the applicable policies of the Government installation.
Someone in this position prepares finished products for shipment or storage by placing them in shipping containers, the specific operations performed being dependent upon the type, size, and number of units to be packed, the type of container employed, and method of shipment. Work requires the placing of items in shipping containers, and may involve one or more of the following: knowledge of various items of stock in order to verify content, selection of appropriate type and size of container, inserting enclosures in container; using excelsior or other material to prevent breakage or damage, closing and sealing container, and applying labels or entering identifying data on container.
- Verify materials against receiving documents, note discrepancies and damages, and rout materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts, and assemblies.
- Issue gear to deploying troops while maintaining accountability and performing inventory control.
- Perform preservation, packing and packaging (PP&P) for distribution of equipment.
- Assemble equipment into kits for each crewmember.
- Understand and communicate in the English Language
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Common Access Card (CAC)
- Inventory control
- Inventory management
- Warehouse storage techniques
- Hand truck operation
- DOD Secret Security Clearance - Active or eligible
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Compliance with Federal, State, Local, Naval Shipyard, OSHA, and other safety and environmental regulations
Phoenix Group of Virginia
Why Work Here?Phoenix Group of Virginia is a professional services company currently working for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, NATO and the U.S. Air Force; competing as a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under several NAICS codes. We are proud members of the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) program and take an initiative to hire veterans. Our core competencies include program and project management, logistics, operations analysis and experimentation and asset management services. We were founded in 2008 and since our establishment we have been providing cutting edge solutions and support to the warfighters. We understand and provide expert consultation on shipbuilding acquisition programs, maintenance/modernization programs, and sustainment programs.
Phoenix Group of Virginia, a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, has been providing support to the U.S. Government for ten years
Little Creek, VA