A&P Mechanic - FULL TIME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Lead A&P Mechanic is responsible for planning and leading the work of aircraft mechanics; responsible for assuring the airworthiness of aircraft and for compliance with applicable federal regulations and guidelines; performs necessary repairs and scheduled preventive maintenance on aircraft; does related work as required. Physical strength and agility are required to lift heavy parts and equipment and to access all portions of the planes for inspection and repair purposes. Inspection and repair of aircraft requires good visual acuity and eye-hand coordination. Positions may require weekend work.
- Able to use FAA approved data i.e. IPC, M M, OHM, SRM proficiently.
- Required to follow maintenance lead for the "efficient" performance of his/her assigned duties.
- Ensure that safety is the primary factor in maintenance performed and that regardless of scheduling the maintenance performed on an aircraft, powerplant or airframe was performed safely and IAW applicable FAA regulations and Company requirements, prior to the approval for return to service.
- Responsible to ensure that the maintenance and documenting of maintenance performed is done in accordance with the FAA regulations and company policy/procedures, as applicable for the tasks they perform.
- Ensure that they do not perform maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or airframe that they are not qualified on, in accordance with the applicable FAA regulations.
- Provide recommendations for additional training or process improvements as they deem necessary, to the Director of Maintenance, as applicable.
- When assigned to work "directly" with an Apprentice Mechanic or Mechanic Helper, the certified mechanic is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance performed by the apprentice mechanic or helper.
- Ensure that facilities, aircraft, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner and IAW company standards. Ensure that maintenance records entries for "work performed" are completed properly and IAW FAA requirements and applicable company policies and or procedures.
- Shall also ensure that that maintenance records are submitted in a timely manner and IAW company policy, as applicable. Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to company values and ethics. Dependability, personal responsibility, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately. Must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
This position will supervise A&P Apprentice(s).
- Assisting in moving aircraft and equipment in & out of hanger.
- Basic shop upkeep (Sweeping, mopping, cleaning, etc.)
- Lifting/moving items 50lbs
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Hours vary from 8:00am to 9:00pm
Travel to the Daytona Beach, FL campus is required for training.
The ability to travel as needed to other campuses.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience with general aviation: "Cessna 172"
- Must have an FAA Airframe & Powerplant certificate required for A&P Lead Mechanics.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Must have own tools.
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Valid US Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen & background check
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prefer candidates have an IA, but is not required
- 5+ years aircraft maintenance experience OR similar mechanical experience, preferably with turbo and/or jet experience
- Familiarity with all FAR and aviation standards
- Competitive hourly pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off, accrued monthly
- 1 Flight Rating after 3 years of employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Superior Flight School is a Drug Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Phoenix East Aviation
TravelView all jobs at Phoenix East Aviation