Phillips Accountancy Corporation is one of the top dental-focused CPA firms on the West Coast. We are hiring an experienced Tax Preparer professional to join our team. If you are ready to experience working in a dynamic office environment, you'll be happy you applied to Phillips Accountancy Corporation. We can't wait to meet you!
In short, you'll be responsible for income tax return preparation for individuals using Intuit's Lacerte Tax software. It's a high-paced, sometimes chaotic job, but you can handle it because you're a licensed tax professional.
- Attend continuing education courses to remain aware of changes to forms and new standards for completing tax paperwork
- Verify tax forms completed by clients to ensure their proper submission
- Properly research and seek the advice of senior preparers when confronted with particularly challenging tax circumstances
- Gather appropriate materials regarding yearly tax tables, instructions and forms to accurately calculate taxes for clients
- Inform clients of important paperwork and documentation needed to complete tax forms properly
- Work closely with clients to obtain personal information regarding potential deductions, educational grants or allowances
The job opening is listed as "Temporary" because we like to work with people before we offer full-time positions. If, after working with you for tax season, we offer you a full-time position, your responsibilities may also begin to include:
- Preparation of client accounting (compilation)
- Meet with clients and address their questions and concerns regarding tax forms and paperwork
- Preparation of other types of income tax returns (S- and C-Corp, Partnership, etc.)
- Valid CPA, EA, or tax attorney license
- Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field (Accounting preferred)
- Ability to use standard computer software applications
- Two - Five years of professional experience working as a paid tax return preparer
- Knowledge of state and federal tax form processes and how to accurately properly prepare forms for each
- Experience in troubleshooting common tax program problems
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing challenging returns
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients
- Working knowledge of Intuit's Lacerte Tax software (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Intuit's EastAcct accounting software (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Intuit's QuickBooks suite (preferred)
We want you to grow with our firm. This first tax season, you can expect to focus primarily on individual income tax return preparation, but the sky is the limit after that! It won't always be easy, and you will definitely have to put your time in and overcome some hurdles in your career, but if you can do that, partnership within our firm is not out of reach.