Process Engineering Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Phillip Jeffries is looking for Process Engineering Manager!
Our team is searching for a highly motivated, dynamic and hands-on Process Engineering Manager to drive a world class supply chain operation. The Process Engineering Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization’s manufacturing facilities. This position will report directly to the Director of Supply Chain.
What you will be doing:
- Plan & determine optimal utilization of staff and equipment to meet manufacturing goals.
- Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement; identify and utilize methods of making manufacturing process more efficient and effective (reducing waste, using lean).
- Create process for manufacturing workflow for every production station
- Create weekly production schedules, publish to teams channel and ensure deadlines are met.
- Determine daily, weekly and monthly metrics regarding manufacturing performance. Create dashboards of metrics to be shared with the team and management.
- Manage the department with lean thinking to increase productivity.
- Oversee and manage different manufacturing facilities in the US and Japan from a process improvement standpoint.
- Hire, train, and evaluate staff in the US location; monitor staff to ensure they meet performance and safety requirements.
- Assess and determine if new manufacturing machines, methods are needed.
- Handle all direct corrections of any manufacturing problems that may arise
- Provide world-class quality standards to consistently provide customers What they want, when they want it, the Way they want it.
- Being a steward of this organization’s GWP, Mission, Vision and Values and having apprentice stewards at every level
- Act as safety steward ensuring proper safety training and certifications for all personnel and equipment.
- Ensure that customer, statutory, standards, and internal requirements are met or exceeded.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering.
- Certification in Six Sigma, 5S and Lean Concepts
- Minimum of five years of manufacturing experience, with 3 years in a management role.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Lean Manager in a manufacturing environment, preferably in low volume/high complexity manufacturing.
- Previous experience within the Engineering industry
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills required.
- Project management experience is a must; candidates with project management certification will be given preference.
- Some training experience (e.g., manufacturing tools & techniques, standards, regulations) preferred.
- A self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Must be able and willing to travel 3 to 4 times a year internationally
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Program
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Phillip Jeffries