- Posted: over a month ago
Litigation Paralegal – Philadelphia area
Our Boutique intellectual property law firm is seeking the right person to take on responsibilities as a Litigation Paralegal.
Candidates must have experience in civil litigation, first-rate interpersonal skills, and be comfortable on the phone with clients.Compensation:
Typical tasks will involve:
- Managing active litigation cases
- Organizing files (virtual and paper)
- Drafting letters and court documents (pleadings, motions, settlement agreements)
- Conducting research about laws, judicial decisions, and Court Rules
- Communicating with clients to provide updates and gather information
- Preparing discovery and responses to discovery demands
- Helping attorneys prepare cases for hearings
- Preparing case files for hearings and trials
- Assisting lawyers in the courtroom
- The selected candidate will be knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent writing, keyboarding skills, and good spelling and grammar are required. Attention to detail is a must
- Candidates should have completed a course of study offered by a college or university, especially for Paralegals, and possess a certification as a trained Paralegal
- Candidates should have experience in a law firm as a Paralegal, Legal Secretary, or Legal Assistant in civil litigation. Business litigation or IP experience is a plus
- Please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
We are a fast-growing IP boutique law firm in the Philadelphia area. We help inventors, startups, and small-to-medium-sized companies secure, protect and enforce their intellectual property.
Our mission is to empower start-ups and growing businesses with client-centered solutions and practical advice about trademarks, patents, copyrights, and business law. We do this by being our authentic selves and practicing active listening and empathy in client communications. We believe professionalism starts with authenticity.
We work mostly remotely (from home) with excellent work/life balance and a supportive, collaborative, results-based culture. We reward and celebrate great performance using objective KPIs.
Philadelphia area IP Law Firm
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?