- Posted: over a month ago
We Are Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
The mailroom clerk is responsible for organizing and distributing mail, unloading and delivering supplies and packages to various museum departments.
Specifically, you will:
- Pick up from USPS stacks of bundled mail from USPS.
- Sort, process, and distribute mail and packages.
- Pick up, log-in and track outgoing mail and packages for delivery.
- Weigh items that will be mailed and affix the proper postage using postage meter.
- Answer employees’ questions regarding mailings, rates and more.
- Maintain adequate inventory of business supplies.
- Replenish the company's supply of certain office materials/forms.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Your background and experience include:
- Strong organizational and clerical skills to ensure that every package and letter is recorded and delivered to the correct individual.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite for the purposes of data entry and reordering supplies.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and perform multiple duties at the same time.
- A valid Driver’s License (required)
Position and Compensation Details
- The hourly rate for this position is $16.75.
- This position is full-time, non-exempt, and 35 hours per week.
- This position is part of the AFSCME Local 397 bargaining unit.
- This position reports to the Manager of Operations.
- Physical requirements:
- Able to remain stationary for extended periods of time, to utilize computers and other office equipment required of this job, to perform physically administrative duties in a typical interior office environment, gallery, or exhibit space, and to access most public and staff areas of the museum campus
- Remain stationary or move throughout and between buildings up to 2 hours at one time for up to 4 hours per day
- Drive a museum vehicle
- Operate forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck (training will be provided)
- Move items up to 50 pounds
- Work on a loading dock in a variety of environmental conditions
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Upholds the professional standards of the field, always acts in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of the museum, and protects and enhances its reputation and standing within the community of museums.
- Adheres to the museum’s code of ethics and Employee Handbook and avoids any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Shows respect for co-workers and visitors and an understanding of and appreciation for the diversity of the museum’s staff, volunteers, and audiences.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to all museum protocols, procedures, rules, and policies.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage candidates to apply early as the position will close once we have a robust applicant pool or a candidate has been selected.
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the museum. As an employee, you will have access to numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate family
- Discounted guest tickets for admission
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our curatorial and conservation teams
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, museum cafés, and museum retail and online stores
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for employees* including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and holidays
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of factors including the employee’s regular schedule and tenure.
Powered by JazzHR
Philadelphia Museum of Art
BusinessView all jobs at Philadelphia Museum of Art
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?