Clinical Applications Director
- Posted: over a month ago
Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Center
Director, Clinical ApplicationsHours: M-F 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Department: ITLocation: 1233 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19107Title: Director, Clinical ApplicationsSupervisor (s): Chief Information Officer & Chief Financial OfficerFull Time, 40 hours per week; Exempt
Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Our health centers take a team-centered, multi-disciplinary approach and offer clinical care, access to behavioral health and substance abuse services, a wide range of educational programs, HIV counseling and testing, and youth programs. We have 4 medical health centers including our adult health centers: the John Bell Health Center and the Jonathan Lax Treatment Center, YHEP, our adolescent and young adult health center, and our Pediatric health center. We also have a satellite clinic at Broad Street Ministry.
The Director, Clinical Applications reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) serving as the subject matter expert and lead for the Electronic Health Record/Practice Management, Dental, and interrelated systems and is essential to improving the utilization of technology to support the mission and vision of the organization. The Director, Clinical Applications is responsible for the continual improvement and evolution of these systems to support the growing complexity of the business and regulatory environment which Philadelphia FIGHT serves their patients.
This position's primary focus is to develop the vision for the solutions offered and develops and manage the EMR Support Specialist team to deliver those solutions. The Director ensure that short-and long-range goals in support of the implementation of operations strategies of Philadelphia FIGHT are achieved.
Planning and Organizing
- Chair FIGHT's EMR governance committee
- Monitor and ensure that EMR support tickets are resolved in a timely manner
- Provide direct hands-on EMR support in collaboration with the EMR Support Specialist and others
- Collaborate with Health Center leadership on workflow optimization, training, and other supported related matters
- Provides leadership and direction in definition of vision and strategies for ambulatory information systems, in conjunction with the Chief Information Officers (CIO).
- Leads the evaluation and prioritization of requests generated for regulatory compliance, workflow improvement, and other areas of focus
- Serves as lead and participant for various project assignments as directed by the CIO and other leaders and respond as required to request from stakeholders.
- Plans and leads all major system updates as well as creates and maintains core system test plans
- Scopes and plans system improvement efforts as it relates to the Electronic Health Record, Dental, and other interrelated systems.
- Serves on committee as needed to gather information relative to the needs of the organization.
- Proactively communicates to Information Technology, Financial, and Clinical Leadership on system improvements and opportunities. Lead Clinical systems roadmap discussion with the software vendors and keep internal stakeholders up to date.
- Responds to referred inquiries and complaints from system users and all other customers; resolves significant issues and makes recommendations
- Solicits ongoing expert input and end user feedback on workflows, HIPAA compliance, and system maintenance.
- Translates complex technical terminology and concepts into terms that are easily understood to all stakeholders; both technical and non-technical.
- Produces profession quality project artifacts, including but not limited to, business requirement documents, workflows, requirement plans, models (e.g., data, event, context, and process), traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs, training materials, and other documents as needed.
- Secures business requirement document approvals from appropriate stakeholders when required.
- Creates documentation that synthesizes information and can be shared with committees and/or leaders that reviews and prioritizes business initiatives.
- Ensures documentation is created relative to workflow or system changes in collaboration with the business and peers.
- Leads analysis of business needs of key stakeholders across the organization. Interacts with stakeholders to elicit and summarize overall requirements by translating business needs into tangible initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with the clinical informatics team to conduct data analysis, identifies relevant key performance indicators, and optimizes system use.
- Ensures that system requirements meet business needs and that the business can fully integrate and implement new systems or system features; contributes to defining measurable business outcomes for each.
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the team
- Develops and implements timeline to achieve target; sets priorities and delegates tasks.
- Conducts mentoring and training
- Empowers team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
- Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided
- Participates on interdepartmental or departmental committees as appropriate.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, business, education, information technology, or related fields required, or equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
Strong ECW background is preferred
Basic knowledge of HIPAA Security and Privacy regulations
Preferred Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
RN, LPN, or other clinical discipline preferred but not required
5-10+ years in Clinical Informatics or related position
Provides direct supervision to the EMR Support Specialist
Supervision received from: CIO
In collaboration with: Chief Medical Officer, Chief Dental Officer, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Behavioral Health Officer, Clinical Informatics team, Quality Improvement Advisor, Medical & Dental Directors, Director of Risk Management, and the Director of Clinical Operations.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure, or governmental regulations, Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Writing required is involved and requires abstraction of data from multiple sources and presented in a readable, logical format.
Advance Level Computer Skills:
- Advanced level word processing skills
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills
- Advanced level database skills
Specific Software Knowledge:
- Experience with eCW preferred but not required.
- Certifications in eCW EHR and PM will be required or procured within a defined amount of time as part of professional development
- Initial probationary period is three months (90 days).
- Benefits including health benefits as per employee handbook begin on the first day of work.
FIGHT is an EEO, Affirmative Action, LGBTQ, and people living with HIV/AIDS and protected veterans' institution.
Philadelphia FIGHT requires proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination series for all new employees hired. Medical and religious exemptions will be honored consistent with EEOC regulation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Philadelphia Fight
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?