Director of Development and Fundraising
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center is seeking an Experienced Director of Development and Fundraising. A minimum of three to five years of experience preferred.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Salary Range: $58,000.00 - $62,000.00
VSC Mission: To provide best practices for our Military, Veterans, and their Families with accessible programs, integrated resources, and collaborative partnerships that empower lives and strengthen our community.
Job Description: Director of Development & Fundraising
Mission: Under the direction of the Executive Director, develop, organize, and lead the fundraising, development, and grant team to raise funds on behalf of the VSC to increase and maintain sustainability. This position requires night and weekend events.
The role reports directly to the Executive Director and Director of Operations. The Director will lead a dedicated team to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organization to achieve its core fundraising goals. The Director will build relationships and secure funds from various sources to build donor relations and donor development.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, lead the development of any long-term strategy to achieve agreed long-term sustainability
- Develop annual strategic engagement plan to include quarterly goals and maintain status of achieving these targets. Coordinate adjustments when the situation warrants
- Identify new potential income streams, leverage existing ones, and produce execution strategies
- Develop applicable policies and procedures and ensure stakeholders are aware and in compliance
- Synchronize efforts with Community Development team to leverage relationships and expertise
- Closely coordinate with Ad Pro regarding all aspects of marketing including media queries/relations, publicity, graphics, website, social media, etc.
- Partner with Media Outreach Coordinator for radio/podcast opportunities to promote events, donor recruitment, and partner relations/development
Financial Planning and Budget Management
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans and maintain status
- Work with Finance Team to develop and maintain income/expenditure tracking and evaluation systems
- Ensure the Development & Fundraising department is kept within budget
- Manage an effective team (events manager, grants team, & department coordinator) that delivers fundraising to meet set targets
- Work with team to build effective donor base communications through donor database; track and cultivate donors and prospects
- Ensure correspondence is provided to donors to include thank you's, tax documentation, in-kind letters
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors to include partners and collaborators; maintain long-term relationships with existing donors; make direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them
- Expand Planned Giving program; conduct events to promote participation
- Work with Partnership Manager on events and expansion of current and new partners
- Lead annual campaign, individual giving, corporate & community, email and mail campaigns
- Expand sustainable income program to include cause marketing, tenant income, room rental, social enterprise and Mission Outreach programs
- Maintain Combined Federal Campaign, Empty Stocking Fund program and the Colorado Combined Campaign; ensure all required actions are completed
- Work with VSC Team Leads in coordinating resources and materials in covering events
- Oversee events and engagement at all locations; ensure agendas and after action reviews are completed
- Line management of fundraising staff, including:
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers and work study to assist in advancement efforts
- Identify staffing needs, interview candidates and on-board well qualified personnel
- Agreeing objectives and work plans
- Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one employee discussions
- Conduct recurring fundraising strategy sessions with stakeholders
- Maintain applicable sections of the VSC Strategic Plan (goals, objectives, program areas, quad charts) and provide quarterly assessments
- Provide inputs to quarterly campaigns to ensure events are included
- Work with Phil Long Dealership counterparts to coordinate fundraising activities and sponsorships
- As a VSC leader, support all events, activities and efforts as identified by Executive Director and Director of Operations
- High level of integrity
- Strategic thinker
- Organized and inspiring leader
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Effective and honest communicator
- Company paid Life Insurance (25K)
- STD, LTD
- Paid Time Off
Phil Long Dealerships
AddressColorado Springs, CO
Get fresh Director Development Fundraising jobs daily straight to your inbox!