Channel Development Sales Manager – Retail Electric Vehicle Charging
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, results-oriented individual who can successfully develop and manage Phihong’s retail channel for electric vehicle chargers for travel or home use. This position presents the opportunity for extensive exposure to customers and thus requires excellent communication, relationship building and sales skills. Because of the nature of our business, it is preferred candidates should reside near one of our major US design centers located in Fremont, CA and Bohemia, NY. Other locations must be near a major airport.
This is a challenging opportunity for a sales or business development professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong knowledge of developing retail channels who wants to be part of building up an exciting new business for the company. Serving as the primary sales and business relationship manager for the retail channel you will identify and engage directly with your designated customers and factory personnel to achieve sales goals and objectives for the company.
The focus of the individual will be creating retail channel opportunities and converting them into sales to drive revenue for the company. You will work with a team of global professionals and cross-functional resources to drive the sales through the retail channels for individual EV chargers for home or small business use.
- Develop retail channel strategy, including channel selection and identify internal resource requirements, for each account
- Prospect, qualify, and close accounts to meet or exceed annual sales goals through customers who map to Phihong’s retail EV business and product strengths
- Develop an annual sales business plan to meet the sales target and accurately forecast expected revenue
- Visit accounts, resolve customer problems, and make customer product presentations as necessary
- Select and participate in vertical marketing activities such as trade shows, wholesale conferences and merchandising development to grow opportunities
- Provide periodic reports including forecast information, account status, and sales opportunities
- Travel extensively to develop and maintain relationships with key customer contacts, present, articulate/clarify value and differentiation, and win the business in expected timeframes
- Develop a strong product understanding through training and development milestones
Characteristics of Interest to The Hiring Manager
- Energetic self-starter and able to work hard, independently with good time management and organizational skills
- Have worked charger sales opportunities to closure directly and through retail channel partners, developing relationships with prospects and stakeholders in the process.
- Experience developing detailed account plans with strategic customers projecting key milestones, revenue and growth over multiple years
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle complexity
- Teamwork oriented, and a willingness to work to the benefit of others
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, and be able to develop strong business plans for others to easily interpret and follow
- Have provided training on electric vehicle charging products and solutions to partners, as well as end customers by delivering presentations in support of the sales process
- Have prepared Quarterly Business Reviews and can present account status to executives
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape for different types of electric vehicle charging and how to sell against the competition in the retail environment
- Basic knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment (EVSE) in the home or small business environment.
· 5-10 years progressive B2B commercial (sales or business/ market development) experience
- A track record of success in developing and supporting retail sales channels such as auto specialty stores, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Walmart, Target or others preferably in the area of battery chargers, charging technology or electrical assemblies for products for the automobile.
- Proven track record of successfully taking new products to the retail market
- Experienced with selecting and managing retail channels from wholesale to storefronts
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and multitasking skills to provide superior customer service which may include off hours communications with Asia as needed.
- Frequent Travel – Possibly some International travel
- Strong selling, negotiation and influencing skills
· Business or Technical Degree, MBA preferred
Phihong is one of the leading suppliers of power solutions and is expanding its global product line to include battery chargers for on road and utility electric vehicles. With global sales for 2018 approaching $500 million, Phihong has engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Taiwan and mainland China.