Laboratory Technician - Fayetteville, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
Laboratory Technician I - Fayetteville, AR
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Biology degree from a 4-year University or is currently enrolled in a Biology program at a 4-year University. Primary duties include performing research and analysis activities, processing microbiology samples, and providing maintenance tasks necessary to support the Phigenics Analytical Services Laboratory. The Lab Technician prepares materials and reagents for processing chemical and microbiology samples that are received in the lab, records observations and measurements, and reports results. The Lab Technician provides analysis of the samples according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). This person is also responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining clean room and equipment, assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, and assists with ordering and stocking of materials and equipment.
- Participates in Media production
- Understand PASL services and operations
- Understand testing methods for waterborne pathogens including Legionella (PVT, Legionella ISO 11731, Legionella Swab, THAB)
- Understand all field testing equipment and supplies
- Receive and log microbiology samples
- Prepare materials and reagents necessary for microbiology sample processing
- Process microbiology samples according to SOPs
- Analyze microbiology samples according to SOPs with direct supervision
- Record sample location data and results in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Communicate accurate and timely results to clients and sales team
- Assist in the maintenance of quality system records to comply with accrediting agencies
- Assist with receipt, inspection, and stocking of supplies
- Wash glassware, vials, and filters
- Perform lab maintenance including, but not limited to:
- Clean lab equipment
- Clean and store materials used for testing
- Discard old microbiology samples
- Prepare materials needed for reporting
- Works closely with the Lab Manager, but all tasks require exercise of discretion and independent judgement in important scientific laboratory procedures and operations.
- Understand Phigenics Core Purpose, Core Values, and Company Strategy
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Basic MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or currently studying Biology at an accredited University, or experience as a Lab Scientist or Lab Technician.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a laboratory environment or related scientific field.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan, implement, and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks at a time.
- Works under general supervision, however a significant degree of autonomy and experienced judgement is required for this position.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a strong requirement
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player
- Self-motivated and directed. "Can do" attitude
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to managing multiple priorities
- Follow laboratory SOPs for preparing and processing microbiology samples
- Provide accurate sample analysis results and reports
- Maintain logs and records accurately
- Perform laboratory maintenance tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Order, receive, inspect, and stock supplies in a timely manner
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phigenics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alien age or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
HealthcareView all jobs at Phigenics