Lab Technician II (Chemistry) - Fayetteville, AR
- Expired: November 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laboratory Technician II (Chemistry)
Phigenics provides independent expert guidance and advanced technologies to our clients to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and overall safety of water systems. Our clients include a diverse mix of industry leaders in healthcare, hospitality, government, higher education, retail, and manufacturing facilities. Phigenics does not sell water treatment chemicals and is not biased toward any treatment technology or supplier.
A Laboratory Technician II (LabTech II) reports to the Lab Director. The LabTech II performs research and analysis activities, processes chemistry samples, and provides maintenance tasks necessary to support the Phigenics Analytical Services Laboratory (PASL). This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Lab Tech II also prepares materials and reagents for processing chemical samples that are received in the lab, records observations and measurements, and reports results. The Lab Tech II provides analysis of the samples according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). This person is also responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining cleanrooms and equipment, assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, and assists with ordering and stocking of materials and equipment.
- Works closely with the Laboratory Manager and understands PASL services, operations, and testing methods for waterborne pathogens
- Understanding of field testing equipment and supplies
- Receive and log in chemistry samples
- Prepare materials and reagents for processing chemistry samples; records observations and measurements, and reports results
- Provides independent analysis of the samples according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and collaborates with the Laboratory Manager.
- Records sample location data and results in database
- Communicates accurate and timely results to clients and sales team
- Assists in the maintenance of quality system records to comply with accrediting agencies
- Assists with ordering, receipt, inspection, and stocking of supplies
- Performs lab maintenance including, but not limited to:
- Clean lab equipment and wash glassware, vials, and filters
- Clean and store materials used for testing
- Discard old chemistry or microbiology samples
- Prepares reports as necessary
- All primary tasks require exercise of discretion and independent judgement in important scientific laboratory procedures and operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry is required and 2-5 years of experience as a lab technician; OR Bachelor's degree in a related field with 2-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Works under general supervision, however a significant degree of autonomy and experienced judgement is required for this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a laboratory environment or related scientific field.
- Relies on experience and independent judgement to plan, implement, and accomplish goals.
- Self-motivated and performs a variety of tasks at a time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are strong requirements
- Minimal travel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phigenics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alien age or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
HealthcareView all jobs at Phigenics
Get fresh Chemist Lab Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.