Lab Technician I-Genomics
- Posted: over a month ago
Laboratory Technician I- Genomics
A Laboratory Technician I (LabTech I) reports to the Laboratory Supervisor (Leah Wickenberg).
The LabTech I performs research and analysis activities, processes genomics samples, and
provides maintenance tasks necessary to support phiGenomics which is a division of the
Phigenics Analytical Services Laboratory (PASL). This position has no supervisory
The Lab Tech I prepares materials and reagents for processing phiGenomics samples that are
received in the lab, records observations and measurements, and reports results. With minimal
supervision, the Lab Tech I provides analysis of the samples according to standard operating
procedures (SOPs). This person is also responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining
equipment, assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, and assists with ordering and
stocking of materials and equipment. Cryogenic preservation of bacterial isolates is an essential
function to this role. This position may also be required to assist with Product Research and
Development assignments as necessary. This is a full-time position with normal working hours
of M-F 8-5, though certain scheduling flexibility can be accommodated. Occasional work on
Saturdays may be required.
- Works closely with the Laboratory Supervisor and Laboratory Manager, and understands
PASL services, operations, and testing methods for waterborne pathogens
- Understanding of field testing equipment and supplies
- Receive and log in phiGenomics samples
- Prepare materials and reagents for processing samples, records observations and
measurements, and reports results.
- Provides independent analysis of the samples according to the standard operating
- Records sample location data and results in database.
- Generates client reports with high accuracy.
- Communicates accurate and timely results to clients and sales team.
- Assists in the maintenance of quality system records to comply with accrediting agencies
- Performs lab maintenance including, but not limited to: Clean lab equipment and wash glassware, vials, and filters
- Clean and store materials used for testing
- Discard old samples appropriately
- Instrument maintenance
- All primary tasks require exercise of discretion and independent judgement in important
scientific laboratory procedures and operations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field is required and 1+
years of experience as a lab technician. Exceptional entry level candidates will also be
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the concept and process of traditional Polymerase
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the concept and process of Sanger Sequencing
reactions and data analysis
- Works under general supervision, however a significant degree of autonomy and
experienced judgement is required for this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a laboratory environment
or related scientific field.
- Relies on experience and independent judgement to plan, implement, and accomplish
- Self-motivated and performs a variety of tasks at a time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are strong requirements
- Minimal travel may be required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phigenics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or
perceived race, creed, color, religion, alien age or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In compliance
with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the
United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSun Valley, NV
HealthcareView all jobs at Phigenics