- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Research Assistant
Function: Research and Development
Reporting to: Scientist
Position Location: Garden Grove, CA
Company Description: Founded by scientists at the University of California, Los Angeles, Phase Scientific International Limited is a fast-growing biotech startup developing cutting-edge technologies that we believe will change the landscape in diagnostics and healthcare management. PHASE is rolling out our Dual-Track™ COVID-19 screening services aimed at helping businesses reopen with peace of mind.
Job Description: The Research Associate will work with the R&D Scientists and other RAs towards product development objectives. The RA’s daily work in the laboratory will include the use of scientific instruments and careful analysis. This position may also engage in development opportunities not often available for positions of this seniority due to the startup nature of the business. The position will be expected to manage and adapt to an evolving and demanding start-up environment.
· Work with the R&D team and or individually to execute research experiments.
· Contribute to experimental design and research direction.
· Perform relevant literature research
· Report and communicate experiment results and progress to management.
· Operate and maintain equipment.
· Prepare laboratory and research materials (e.g., buffers, product components, etc.)
· Laboratory documentation and maintenance (e.g., inventory, record keeping, cleaning, etc.)
· Communicates results and collaborates with other professionals in the lab.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university either in a life science or engineering field OR have 2 years work experience at a biotechnology / life science related position.
· Fast learner with high attention to detail
· Can follow and perform complex protocols
· Can effectively communicate scientific ideas and results
· Sound organizational and data management skills
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Team oriented and places high value on developing a positive company culture.
· Ability to grow from constructive criticism and mentorship
Technical Experience with any of the following are a plus:
· Research lab experience in academia or industry
· Technical experience working with:
o Molecular diagnostics (e.g., NAAT, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, NGS, Mass Array)
o Point-of-care testing (e.g., lateral flow immunoassay, ELISA, portable PCR, dipstick)
o DNA extraction (e.g., ethanol precipitation, commercial nucleic acid extraction kits)
o Antibody conjugation chemistry
Phase ScientificWhy Work Here?
A quickly growing team with a quickly selling product. INDICAID COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test.
PHASE Scientific is a high-growth biotech company with a mission to inspire a new state of health. Founded and led by Dr. Ricky Chiu, UCLA-trained bioengineer, Adjunct Associate Professor at CUHK and Outstanding Young Persons of Hong Kong, PHASE Scientific has a team of 200 across Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Southern California. We provide novel diagnostic tools and services for cancer and infectious diseases with our proprietary technologies. PHASE Scientific has been a pivotal force in supporting the fight against COVID-19 through its full range of testing products and services (PCR community testing, INDICAID rapid test kits and INDICAID lab testing services). To date, PHASE has conducted over 3 million PCR tests and sold over 30 million INDICAID rapid test kits in over 30 countries.
10527 Garden Grove BlvdGarden Grove, CA