The position is an opportunity to be a part of an active, growing real estate private equity platform with broad responsibilities to execute the development of life science projects. The role includes primary oversight of construction administration for assigned projects and providing full support to the construction team when needed. This position will report directly to Project Management. Please provide a resume, a description of prior roles with relevancy to the position, salary requirement, salary history and references to be considered for hire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meticulous review and thoughtful analysis of notarized construction payment applications (AIA G702/G703, Conditional & Unconditional Releases) for several projects. Includes vouching to GC Contract, subcontractor bids, bid leveling sheets, etc. Vouching prior approved pay applications to current month. Ensuring description of work on G703's are adequate. Documenting and clearing discrepancies with General Contractor. Monitoring & tracking schedule of values to ensure all changes are owner approved.
· Detailed review and mathematical validation of change orders. Logging change orders onto our internal project cost tracking system (advanced excel spreadsheet and/or Kahua). Manage change order cycle for assigned projects. Process begins with submission by General Contractor. You are responsible for obtaining approval from Project Manager and Executive Management and returning approved change order to General Contractor.
· Ensure new proposed consultant contracts align with project budget. Obtain Project Manager and Executive Management approval and submit to Contracts Administrator for contract document preparation. Track consultant costs against project budget. Review and code consultant invoices to ensure consistent with existing contracts. Obtain Project Manager and Executive Management approval and submit to accounting for payment processing. Coordinate payment status with Accounting. Support accounting with monthly funding estimates.
· Communicate with third parties (general contractors, consultants, tenant, property managers) to confirm accurate billing and documentation.
· Prioritize work flow and approvals within internal management structure in a timely and efficient manner.
· Support cost management of project managers (Budget to Actuals, Schedule of Values, Projections, Cost to Complete, etc.).
· Coordinate compliance with lender and equity funding requests and requirements.
· Manage coordination with internal leasing and financial personnel to ensure that the construction projects meet strategic goals.
· Be creative in project solutions and work with the team to improve processes and core competencies.
· Keep organized records of all project materials.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from a 4-year college or university with an Accounting or Business degree preferred.
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience with payment applications, contracts, invoices, change orders.
· Familiarity with construction software (Procore/Kahua/e-Builder or equivalent) and standard industry practices.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and .pdf applications (Adobe/Bluebeam or equivalent).
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and ask clarifying questions. Ensure execution in a timely manner.
· Strong organizational skills and analytical abilities. Multi-tasker with strong prioritizing skills.
· Proactive thinker, detail-oriented and solution driven.
· Desire to learn and grow into additional responsibilities.
· Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for a minimum of 5 years.
· Infrequent travel to participate in on-site meetings, may require air travel.